• CPFMarketPlace is now a read-only archive for reference. New registrations and creating new posts and threads have been disabled.
• The Manufacturer's and Dealer's Corners have been moved to the Commercial Corner on CandlePowerForums.com.
• Want To Sell (WTS) and other sales threads will now be listed at The CPF Mall
• Want To Buy (WTB) and Want To Trade (WTT) will be listed in a specific forum in the General MarketPlace on CandlePowerForums.com.
• Additional information regarding these changes can be found in the Administrative Announcements forum on CandlePowerForums.com.

Default Describe a flashlight of your dream!

Dear friends!

No matter where you use your flashlight, you just want it to be reliable. So you understand the value of a good quality light in times of need.

Armytek Team is gathering information about the most important factors while choosing a flashlight.

Describe a flashlight of your dream!

P.S. After a discussion we will make an infographics including the main features of a perfect flashlight!

Thank you for sharing your ideas with us!

We tried to pick out the most often mentioned wishes from different flashlight forums.

Last edited by ArmyTek; 01-27-2015 at 12:18 AM.

Default Re: Describe a flashlight of your dream!

Twisty single mode light with a focused optic system.

Flashaholic

An 18650 light like the Sunwayman C21C with two LEDs, one out the front and one out the side. TWO BUTTONS, one to control each LED. A UI like Zebralight, or a slightly modified version of your new Wizard V2 UI. Firefly modes should always be accessible from off, not only when in memory. If you turn on a medium or high mode it ruins your night vision and firefly mode is no longer useful.

A light similar to the Fenix LD50 with better astetics, and TWO BUTTONS, one to control each LED. One LED for throw, and one for flood, but not quite a mule.

A light similar to the Sunwayman V11R but with a 18650 body. There are a few close contenders, but they all miss something major. Either the head is too big to carry, or its cool white and not easily modded.

All the lights should have a choice between warm, neutral and cool tints. You guys do a good job with this now.

Flashaholic*

2 mode light using a 2 stage tailcap.. light press for low and full press for high..twisty for constant on. All in one tailcap switch. 4 small leds in reflector and a main led xml. The 4 small leds come on in low and main xml and the 4 leds come on in high. Primaries or li ons would be fine. Small 2 cell light with lanyard ring and sturdy pocket clip..
    Thanks

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by teak View Post
    2 mode light using a 2 stage tailcap.. light press for low and full press for high..twisty for constant on. All in one tailcap switch. 4 small leds in reflector and a main led xml. The 4 small leds come on in low and main xml and the 4 leds come on in high. Primaries or li ons would be fine. Small 2 cell light with lanyard ring and sturdy pocket clip..
    Thanks

Just like a Surefire A2.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by mcm308 View Post
    Just like a Surefire A2.
    Yeah pretty much but with an xml and a slightly bigger reflector..but yeah same concept..

Quote Originally Posted by mcm308 View Post
    Just like a Surefire A2.
    At a fraction of the cost.

Minty red anodized Aeon.

Liteflux

Flashaholic

Most important factor to me is the User Interface. I want something that I like turning on

You find a great User Interface , then you can apply it to many lights and headlamps.
    Iowa

Unenlightened

I want a small sized pocket carry light (not a twisty please) that uses a 26650 battery and that I can use for longer hiking trips. It's about time you make a light with the great 26650 battery!

Flashaholic*

Since I'm waiting for my Prime Pro C1, my edc pocket light is a zebralight SC52w L2 AA. Right now that comes closest to fitting my needs. Especially the UI . I will compare to my first ArmyTek once I get it probably next week.

1) From off - access to both Moonlight/Firefly and Max/Turbo
    2) Sub-lumen Moonlight/Firefly options - multiple choices preferred.
    3) Physical lockout via tail cap loosening
    4) 3.25 inches max length
    5) 1.00 inches max diameter
    6) Accepts rechargeables li-ion 4.2v
    7) Single cell
    8) Latest and greatest Cree LED for output and tint

Thank you friends for your wishes and opinions. The first post in the thread is updated with the results.

Best Regards,
    Armytek

Flashaholic*

Light, small 1 x rcr123, clip, triple nichia 219b, magnetic infinite control ring for output control, forward clicky, screwed on pocket clip.

Flashaholic*

Lightweight, small, yet big enough to hold an 18650. Ideally with two battery carriers that allow the use of a 16340 cell, a 14500 cell or the previously mentioned 18650. An excellent user interface(similar to Zebralight), but with a feature no one has ever offered: a Tailcap switch OR a side button. When a plain tail cap is used, the side button is activated. When the tail cap switch is installed it deactivates the side switch. An alternative is to have a red or blue led in the side switch and it could function as a voltage indicator. Although not everyone needs or wants a voltage indicator, those who do are quite fanatical about it. Although lumens always seem to out sell tint, for the medical profession tint is not a luxury, it is a necessity. A few manufacturers have made flashlight lines with just a few variable drop-ins, but by offering neutral & high CRI's, the needs of many can be done for a reasonable cost.
    Feel free to use my idea, but if you do, a free lifetime supply of lights or a position as a consult would not be refused...
    Thank you for asking us, although we are a diverse group, Flashaholics are often the first responders to a crisis, and as a result we like to be prepared. Any manufacturer that helps us to be more effective is having a bigger impact than many realize. Thank you.

Flashaholic*

So I have in hand my first ArmyTek, C1 Prime Pro Warm. Just a quicky...

UI: Access both Firefly and Max from off, big plus. It is different, but can get used to it.

LED: Warm tint is nice...definitely warmer than a Zebralight neutral.

Beam: Is nice and even with a good color/tint. has the 6 sides, but that is due to the bezel.

Fit/Finish: Nice feel and look. Square threads are nice. Machining is nice overall and coating feels good in hand. Spring is pretty hard core in that battery tube! Button takes a good solid push to activate, I like it.

Seems length and diameter are both a little larger than necessary. Lens to end of bezel looks like a quarter inch, battery tube has at least a quarter inch of excess space between bottom of battery and end of tube and magnet might be able to shave another eighth off the length by not being so tall. So I think it would be an easy half inch + off the light length that I can just visibly take off. Also looks like the battery tube has an eighth inch extra in diameter for an unknown reason.

Last edited by Tixx; 01-28-2015 at 02:49 PM.

Thank you friends for sharing your ideas with us!

Quote Originally Posted by Tixx View Post
    So I have in hand my first ArmyTek, C1 Prime Pro Warm. Just a quicky...

UI: Access both Firefly and Max from off, big plus. It is different, but can get used to it.

LED: Warm tint is nice...definitely warmer than a Zebralight neutral.

Beam: Is nice and even with a good color/tint. has the 6 sides, but that is due to the bezel.

Fit/Finish: Nice feel and look. Square threads are nice. Machining is nice overall and coating feels good in hand. Spring is pretty hard core in that battery tube! Button takes a good solid push to activate, I like it.

Seems length and diameter are both a little larger than necessary. Lens to end of bezel looks like a quarter inch, battery tube has at least a quarter inch of excess space between bottom of battery and end of tube and magnet might be able to shave another eighth off the length by not being so tall. So I think it would be an easy half inch + off the light length that I can just visibly take off. Also looks like the battery tube has an eighth inch extra in diameter for an unknown reason.
    Thank you for a review!

Flashaholic*

Clip is pretty darn sturdy (I just installed it)! And I don't mind the voltage indicator lights. Pretty cool actually. I didn't think I would like it, but I do.

Flashaholic*

So for the list, I would see if you could drop some weight and size of the lights you currently produce. The C1 seems to have some extra room and size that could be reduced, but you may have a reason for it, I am just not sure what it may be. Excellent light though! Having a great first experience with your product!

Flashaholic

1*18650 size

- Cree XP-L LED, optional WW, NW, CW tint
    - Variable output, min, 0,1lm max more than 1100lm. (extra mode: beacon flash)
    - Peak beam intensity: more than 30.000cd
    - Fully regulated output
    - Light OP reflector for perfect smooth beam
    - Guaranteed perfect dust free reflector/lens
    - Guaranteed perfectly centered LED
    - Perfect driver without pwm or other flickering, noise etc
    - Rechargeable (USB) built in charger use perfect, real CC/CV charging algorithm (guaranteed not charge more than 4.20V) no need special batteries, can charge standard 18650
    - flat top/unprotected batteries support
    - Tripod mount
    - Remote controller (working range 30m)
    - A small display which can show very precise (accuracy +-0.01V), battery voltage, can show in real time.
    - IPX8 waterproof
    - Accessories: white diffuser, red, blue, green, yellow filter, holster, lanyard, o-rings, min. 5g nyogel 760g or similar quality silicone grease, USB cable and adapter.
    Body: full black color, matte black anodizing, black bezel etc
    Last edited by gopajti; 01-31-2015 at 07:38 AM.

Flashaholic*

I do also like the removable magnet.

Flashaholic*

HiCRI with infinite adjustment. 1.5 amps max. Pocket clip included. I x RCR123. Triple nichia 219 or triple xml2 high cri neutral

Clip is pretty darn sturdy (I just installed it)! And I don't mind the voltage indicator lights. Pretty cool actually. I didn't think I would like it, but I do.

I have mentioned in another thread that we received complaints from flashlight users about the clip and headband. So our developers try to find a rational solution to the problem while constructing flashlights.

Thank you for your thoughts guys!

Quote Originally Posted by shelm View Post
    Liteflux
    Liteflux in 4AA

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyTek View Post
    I have mentioned in another thread that we received complaints from flashlight users about the clip and headband. So our developers try to find a rational solution to the problem while constructing flashlights.
    The headband has got to change, to a thicker one.
    I hate the petzls, but their headbands are something else. thicker and smoother

Unenlightened

Grinser2 Re: Describe a flashlight of your dream!

It would be great to have at least one more beam profile to choose from for the Prime and Partner lines, one giving a tighter beam profile (perhaps 3.5-4.5 degree spot / 45-50 degree spill, if this is possible).

Levels for 1x18650 flashlights except the throwers:
    • Turbo (as bright as possible) for 2-5 mins
    • Flat regulated, OTF
      • 600-700 lm
      • 300 lm
      • 150 lm
      • 30 lm
      • Moonlight

Levels for 1xAA or 1x14500 and 2xAA flashlights:
    • Turbo (as bright as possible) for 1-2 mins
    • Flat regulated, OTF
      • 150-250 lm
      • 50 lm
      • 10 lm
      • Moonlight

Option to choose with or without memory function for all non-tactical lights. Lights without memory function always start in Moonlight mode.

These parameters, along with all the great ones already in Armytek lights, would make the dream light(s) for me.

Unenlightened

I do also like the removable magnet.
    I agree. The tail end magnet should be removable as EDCs are often kept close to electronic devices, credit card in wallets, and the like.

Enlightened

Battery , Single AA - No 14500 compatibility - Just AA
    Output , ramps up and down - user set .
    Easy emitter upgrade , dont glue the head shut .
    It would be nice to upgrade the emitter after a few years ..
    old4570.com