PK Design Lab
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CLOSED

Flashaholic*

Default Re: ------> 3 Jetbeam Titanium Lights + 1 Prototype <---------

I accidentally deleted the "each" this afternoon when lowering the price and removing the "net to me" after some displeasure from another member. The price is $275 each not for all 3.

I've been a member here since 2004 and have no intentions of screwing anybody or "being sneaky" (even to someone that has only been a member here for less than a month).

Lights still available.

Thanks,
    Flavio
    Last edited by BugOutGear_USA; 05-02-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Flashaholic*

nothing shady about Flavio....
    it wasn't obvious that the price was $275 each? all 3 for $275 is too good to be true.... and you know what they say when things are too good to be true.

PM sent on TCR3
    Last edited by exquzmwa; 05-02-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Flashaholic*

TCR3 is SPF.
    Thanks,
    Flavio

Flashaholic*

Honest mistake or not, an offer was accepted. The issue is the seller never did offer his explanation or tried to talk to me before he went behind and changed the terms of an already "sold" lights, then goes on PM and blatantly asked me if I should think I'm getting the "deal of the century"? Unilaterally cancel my purchase and pull seniority ranks here is a pretty arrogant way of dealing with one's mistake? Well it's your mistake not mine. I took up your "offer" in good faith so you should have at least explained in the open or via PM to me prior to editing you post and change the price to hide your error. It's only a flashlight after all and we all have far too many for our needs but if someone think posting price for all three and change to asking the same price for each is not a change in price then I don't think he understand what he did here. I don't want an "honest" merchant to make a loss from a deal but your high-handed way to brush off your mistake and pull rank here tells me a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by BugOutGear_USA View Post
    I've been a member here since 2004 and have no intentions of screwing anybody or "being sneaky" (especially to someone that has only been a member here for less than a month).
    So it seems that based on you being here since 2004 it will automatically make every wrongs of yours right? FYI I've been a member here since around 2005 but forgotten my sign-in after taking a sabbatical couple of years back and only re-ignite my passion for lights recently thus I re-register here a month ago so please don't try to pull rank over your seniority here! Epic fail Flavio...

With all due respect, if you thought you were getting these 3 ridiculously sought after and rare lights for $275, Flavio isn't the one who failed epically. If it was a typo or accidental deletion, give him the benefit of the doubt and graciously withdraw from the sale stating why in a polite manner. He's got every right to 'pull rank' on you when you accuse him of trading sneakily because he's a trusted, valued seller and dealer on CPF.

An honest mistake is an honest mistake and remember, some people have real problems. This is nothing worth falling out over. In other words: cálmate.
    Last edited by Matt7337; 05-02-2012 at 02:14 PM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Matt7337 View Post
    ...and graciously withdraw from the sale stating why in a polite manner.
    If he made a mistake, don't you think that he should graciously offer to apologize for his error, discuss nicely with me or request for me to withdraw my acceptance of his offer in a polite manner??? ...oh I forgot he's a trusted, valued seller and dealer on CPF so that is not applicable to him and my inferior self should bow down asking for his forgiveness??? Tell me what's the color of the sky where you're at Matt?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt7337 View Post
    He's got every right to 'pull rank' on you when you accuse him of trading sneakily because he's a trusted, valued seller and dealer on CPF.
    Every right??? says who? when a seller posted an offer, whatever the deal is, and after someone has taken up on his offer the seller decided to change his price by quietly editing his post then ask the buyer to pay his new asking price or he will unilaterally withdraw this acceptance, and if that's not considered a sneaky behavior then let's just say we have different moral upbringing and different view of things.

*Remember, in the very same thread this "trusted" "senior" seller have violated the PayPal TOS and attempted to drum up an auction for his priceless possession...all very normal way to conduct oneself as a trusted seller!

I'll end my argument here...for this sneaky man is not worth another minute of my time!
    Last edited by silgt; 05-02-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Silgt, Take it off the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by hotlight View Post
    .... and you know what they say when things are too good to be true.
    Oh, I don't know...I've heard of someone getting an LF2XT w/Ti switch, for like $28...
    "I am not a Collector" - Tim

Flashaholic

Oh boy. Now I know why someone jumped right on the deal to take all 3 lights. This reminds me of some of those internet deals people paid for, got their credit card charged and then ordered cancelled because sellers said pricing mistake.

silgt, look at the bright side, at least you have not paid for it yet.

Furthermore, I think this was really a honest mistake. Having seen the original asking price of $900 + shipping + fees, $275 for all three, even at current Ti light prices, would be too good to be true. I remember some of those dispute and the bottom line is if the price of the item is far lower than current market value, they are usually excused for making a pricing mistake and don't have to honor the price.

If your beef is about him not issuing a public/private personal apology, I can understand that too. Does he have to? Not necessarily. Would it be nice if he does? Yes. Should he? That's up to anyone's opinion.

Flashaholic

I saw the post before the edit. Based on the content of the rest of the thread, I had no problem understanding that the price was for each individual light. It wasn't a pricing mistake, it was a problem with clarity. The edit to the OP made the new price clear, because it seems that it was misunderstood.

Hey Flavio,

The Jet Ti M (Titanium), is the reflector smooth or OP ?

Thanks Brother!
    Ray

Let's clear this up. EVERYONE take it off the forums.

Flavio, You may start a new thread if you like. This one is closed.