PK Design Lab
    Flashaholic*

Default Jeers to purelite - no communication, item not arrived !

There was in November 2011 when I sent her 73$ - purelite - for a SPYDERCO ENDURA G-10 - 70$ for the knife and 3$ for shipping -
    Because of the initial nice PMs exchanged I thought she's a serious seller and I did the mistake - BIG MISTAKE - of sending her the money as paypal GIFT. At that time the amount was representing my earnings for one day of work !

After around 3 weeks of waiting, seeing that the folder didn't show up, I asked her about it and she said she was gonna come back and keep in touch with me on X-mas !
    X-mas has passed, 2011 was over so I sent her another PM in which I was asking her to check with her postal office about the knife !
    She said she will ... other weeks have passed and she didn't send any PM.
    I PMed her again but she didn't give me any answer !
    Another PM in which I was asking her to show me - to send - a pic with the postal receipt - ... useless ! I emailed her also but I got no answer !

As far as I am concearn, as long as she didn't even bother of sending me an prove of shipping, she just stole the money from me ! Got the money and sent nothing !
    I had no problems so far with FIRST CLASS parcels received from US ... I don't think that the knife was lost/stolen/confiscated by customs - I got even longer folders from US - but it hasn't been probably EVER mailed to me !

Purelite .... if you don't even think of refunding me, at least show the proof that the knife has been mailed out !!

I will never do any business with that person anymore and I will be MUCH MORE careful when sending money as GIFT to people I have never had any transaction with before !!
    Last edited by radu1976; 04-01-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Default Re: Jeers to purelite - no communication, item not arrived !

About the same time, early December, I had a flawless transaction with purelite. Based on that and her long history here, I don't think she is a scammer in any sense of the word. I would be interested to hear purelite's side of the story.

As for you sending the money as Gift, so that you have no recourse with PP, well, you get no sympathy from me. Why people still do this after numerous bad experiences posted here surrounding the practice is beyond me.
    MY LIGHTS!
    100% CPFMP Satisfaction Record

If your knife was held by customs you would be notified by mail.

Flashaholic*

Thank you Chicago for your involvement and instigation. Its good to have those with nothing better to do than stand on the sidelines por in some gas and enjoy the show .

I sent the knife. Buyer did not purchase insurance. It was sent 1st class mail. I have no tracking number. The buyer wants a refund and nothing less. I am not a business and not in the business of screwing people. I dont know if customs had a part in this or not. I do know i will not deal with Int'l shipping again .

I dont intend to get into a he said she said verbal battle here .

Purelite - can I offer some suggestions to help. I live in the UK and over the past 12 years never had to jeer anybody. Things may get lost but the issue here is that the buyer is complaining a lack of proof as I see it. Maybe you have supplied them proof of postage.

Proof of postage but not delivery in most cases can be obtained for Int shipments by using USPS

1. Filling out a customs form CN22 - this has a barcode and shows on the usps website until it leaves the USA - free of charge. easy to fill at the time of postage.
    2. Using Int Priority mail - shows tracking until it leaves the USA. no proof of delivery
    3. Registered Post - shows tracking and arrival at overseas country on USPS website.
    4. Express mail - door to door tracking and also offers proof of delivery for ultimate peace of mind.

If the buyer doesnt want to pay the premium get them to agree a disclaimer via email and send it with a customs form so you can show proof of postage. Once it leaves your hand there is nothing you can do about it. Insurance is available for EMS.
    Battery Junction sent me the new Sunwayman V10r Ti+ this way.

LN264501800US - try it on usps - just shows as posted first class international letter.

I am not trying to interefere in your transaction but simply trying to show that you can ship Internationally and still make a successful sale. Thanks to this forum 95% of my flashlights and accessories have arrived from North America. I wouldn't be able to enjoy this hobby if you guys shut International Sales because of negative International sales that have gone wrong.

Sent from my ViewPad7 using Tapatalk

Yup. EMS is expensive...but leaves no doubt door to door.

If you want a 400€/$ light...you should not save money on post if one is a random shot and one is a sure thing. And if both agree on the random without info process, you are both equally at fault. However Paypal will blame the shipper.

Sent from a long time ago...in a galaxy far, far away.

At the very least, you have a receipt from the PO showing you mailed something? Very unfortunate situation, and the cavalier attitude of the seller certainly doesn't soften the blow.
    "I am not a Collector" - Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Obijuan Kenobe View Post
    However Paypal will blame the shipper.
    Unfortunately, not if the payment was sent as gift. This will leave the buyer no recourse through paypal.
    Click Here to view my lights

Quote Originally Posted by Mohanjude View Post
    1. Filling out a customs form CN22 - this has a barcode and shows on the usps website until it leaves the USA - free of charge. easy to fill at the time of postage.
    hrm, I just checked my last 11 international packages.
    Nine of those show up as having gone through the Los Angeles sort facility (which usually means it's left the USA). the other three only show up as acceptance.

Having the barcode doesn't necessarily mean the postal worker will scan it, it seems.

Craig

I think if I was a reasonable buyer I would accept that if the item has been handed over to the post office the seller has discharged their responsibilities as far as posting the item. I think in the majority of times it is the pattern of behaviour ie slow shipping, not keeping the buyer updated, taking a long time to supply proof, not having any proof or excuses (will send it to you after the Easter Hols) that set off a response. Of course there are also going to be fraudulent buyers who will manipulate such a situation to claim non receipt and get a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by csshih View Post
    hrm, I just checked my last 11 international packages.
    Nine of those show up as having gone through the Los Angeles sort facility (which usually means it's left the USA). the other three only show up as acceptance.

Having the barcode doesn't necessarily mean the postal worker will scan it, it seems.

Craig
    Last edited by Mohanjude; 04-09-2012 at 11:30 AM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by F250XLT View Post
    At the very least, you have a receipt from the PO showing you mailed something? Very unfortunate situation, and the cavalier attitude of the seller certainly doesn't soften the blow.
    It's not that I wanted a refund !
    It's the lack of communication she showed ... 3 or 4 messages with no answer! You don't do that after you know you get money from somebody.
    I wouldn't have asked for a refund if she had shown me the receipt ... I wouldn't have also posted this JEER. As, in this situation it would have been clear than she shipped the knife and it wasn't her fault ; out of the question!
    Untill she's doing this - if she is gonna do it - she stole my money as far as I am concearn ! No receipt ... no PMs ... what conclusion should be pulled out ?

Quote Originally Posted by radu1976 View Post
    It's not that I wanted a refund !
    It's the lack of communication she showed ... 3 or 4 messages with no answer! You don't do that after you know you get money from somebody.
    I wouldn't have asked for a refund if she had shown me the receipt ... I wouldn't have also posted this JEER. As, in this situation it would have been clear than she shipped the knife and it wasn't her fault ; out of the question!
    Untill she's doing this - if she is gonna do it - she stole my money as far as I am concearn ! No receipt ... no PMs ... what conclusion should be pulled out ?

I do not disagree with you.
    "I am not a Collector" - Tim

Quote Originally Posted by purelite View Post
    Thank you Chicago for your involvement and instigation. Its good to have those with nothing better to do than stand on the sidelines por in some gas and enjoy the show ...
    It's always better to blame others for your shortcomings, isn't it? How's that working out for you in life, so far?

Any other comments you would like to send my way? Please use the PM system. I'd be more than happy to discuss the appropriateness of your attempted misdirection, in a manner which even you are likely to understand.
    Last edited by Chicago X; 04-09-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Chicago X your innuendo in post 3 was pretty specific, and it was, in effect, inflammatory and baiting, a violation of Rule 4 and the policies for posting in the Jeers forum. Purlite responded in kind, and your follow up to her comment continued the inappropriate behavior. Yes, it would be good if the disrespectful comments were continued via PM's. No more such comments by any parties or the thread will be closed, followed by time off given.

Bill

Flashaholic*

It was not a pleasant transaction at all,especially after I claimed with paypal to get my refund.

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?256526-sold-2-New-Malkoff-Mclicky-Tailcaps

The small yellow envelope arrived with just the extra O"rings that she promised for free. The tail cap was not there. The envelope was tear off and taped back with Scotch tape at the corner. Why would a mailman wants to risk his job over an after market flashlight tail cap? I had many other over $100.00 transactions (with this sites and others before & after) without any problems,why this 25.00 transaction?

Being a dad that has a child with special needs is a GIFT , purelite. I don't ever need to use an autistic child to accomplish my goals like you've think! However, I do appreciate when other members tried to help me and in return I would do the same for them,when I could. I give and take.
    CURE AUTISM NOW

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by lighttag View Post
    It was not a pleasant transaction at all,especially after I claimed with paypal to get my refund.

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...licky-Tailcaps

The small yellow envelope arrived with just the extra O"rings that she promised for free. The tail cap was not there. The envelope was tear off and taped back with Scotch tape at the corner. Why would a mailman wants to risk his job over an after market flashlight tail cap? I had many other over $100.00 transactions (with this sites and others before & after) without any problems,why this 25.00 transaction?

Being a dad that has a child with special needs is a GIFT , purelite. I don't ever need to use an autistic child to accomplish my goals like you've think! However, I do appreciate when other members tried to help me and in return I would do the same for them,when I could. I give and take.
    Sounds like the envelope got tore in transit and the tail cap fell out and was taped up by the postal service that delivered the package. I think that with this many complaints purelite should take some extra precautions when mailing items she has sold.

Radu1976 and Lighttag have both sold me flashlights and parts before. Their transactions were executed with transparent communication patterns throughout the process. These traits are also markedly evident amongst many other decent sellers and buyers here who strive hard to maintain consistency, value and quality in each deal. Such reputations can be made or broken unto a legacy that lasts a lifetime. Let's think long and far.
    “Prince of Darkness” is used in John Milton's poem “Paradise Lost”, in the 17th century, referring to Satan, as the embodiment of evil. Aka the “Dark Lord”.

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    Radu1976 and Lighttag have both sold me flashlights and parts before. Their transactions were executed with transparent communication patterns throughout the process. These traits are also markedly evident amongst many other decent sellers and buyers here who strive hard to maintain consistency, value and quality in each deal. Such reputations can be made or broken unto a legacy that lasts a lifetime. Let's think long and far.
    well said, think!!