SunwayLED
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Unenlightened

Default How can I accumulate 5 post?

To whatever moderator reads this:

I'm trying to sell a Streamlight Stylus Pro but I cannot create a thread. How can I accumulate five posts if I do not wish to purchase anything yet and this is a BST website?

Admin formerly
    known as 'Sasha'

Default Re: How can I accumulate 5 post?

Look around! I'm sure you'll find somewhere to post...

Unenlightened

I have no idea what I could post to reach the 3 posts limit in marketplace platform - except of offers and requests.

Please give me a hint. May be I missunderstand something.

Immediately above this Inquiries subforum there is the Locker Room and the Wine, Cheese, Cigar Saloon. You could probably find something in those subforums to post about.
    MY LIGHTS!
    100% CPFMP Satisfaction Record

Unenlightened

Are the posts in CPF proper and the CPF marketplace considered separate as counted toward the 5 post minimum? Thanks
    SF G2 / SF L2 / SF M3 / SF 918FA (9v Shotgun Fore end)

Yes. The two are totally separate boards.

While I am sympathetic to the need to ward off spammers, I think this policy is a disservice to your forums. It is so cumbersome and time consuming to a new member to gain access, that I'd wager a very larger percentage of them give up and go sell their items elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    Look around! I'm sure you'll find somewhere to post...
    Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    Immediately above this Inquiries subforum there is the Locker Room and the Wine, Cheese, Cigar Saloon. You could probably find something in those subforums to post about.
    Wouldn't these types of post qualify as this:

If it is obvious that your posts are nothing more than an attempt to 'get your three posts out of the way', your posts will NOT be approved. They will be deleted with no notification to you.
    (Quote taken from the insanely huge and obnoxious red banner that I see as a newb, and that keeps me logged of whenever possible.)

I am a direct kind of person. Not a chatty catty. I post question if I have one, and if I cannot find an answer. This latter point prevents me from posting almost always. I'd also post if I have the answer to another member's question, but I can't be bothered because I'm not an approved member, I'd have to log in an look at that red banner, and my post would have to wait for moderation. It seems odd to me not to count posts in all these subforums. Doesn't it demonstrate that we're not bots, or that we are genuine in our intentions? Why require contentless banter for approval? Or maybe it's just fun to watch the newbie's squirm?

If you saw the amount of spam deleted form this forum everyday I'm sure you'd change your mind.

Go and post where your post will add to your post count instead of grumbling about something that isn't going to change.

Norm

Edit: While approving your post, I approved two genuine posts and deleted and banned four spammers, that saves members from ever seeing spam on CPF and CPFM.

I must admit as a new member, I find it frustrating but understand the need to stop spammers. But all the cool flashlights on sale that I can't post interest in.....it's torture I tell ya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Lau View Post
    I must admit as a new member, I find it frustrating but understand the need to stop spammers. But all the cool flashlights on sale that I can't post interest in.....it's torture I tell ya!
    I'm pretty sure you *can* post in those threads...the posts just have to be approved by a mod/admin. You just have to be patient.

Unenlightened

I feel you. I've been on this forum so many time and was even a registered user at one point (don't remember username or email lol). I just saw something in the commerce I want to buy but I don't want to step on any toes or break the rules. It sucks that you have to go through these measures due to an insane amount of spam but it's completely understandable.

So are you saying we ARE allowed to post in the commerce section with inadequate post counts?

Quote Originally Posted by 7ucky7 View Post
    So are you saying we ARE allowed to post in the commerce section with inadequate post counts?
    If I understand the rules correctly, yes...you're just not allowed to start new threads.

If you want to buy something, I'm given to understand you may post in the thread...it just has to be reviewed by a mod/admin before it will show up. Now, it takes some time for them to get to them due to the volume of posts they need to moderate, so folks need to be patient. Don't panic if it's not there just right that second. It may take a little bit for it to show up.

Unenlightened

I apologize for intruding in this thread but I read around trying to figure out how this works.
    I did post in a dealer thread with my order request, about 10 days ago and my post never went through. What did I do wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpmaster View Post
    If I understand the rules correctly, yes...you're just not allowed to start new threads.

If you want to buy something, I'm given to understand you may post in the thread...it just has to be reviewed by a mod/admin before it will show up. Now, it takes some time for them to get to them due to the volume of posts they need to moderate, so folks need to be patient. Don't panic if it's not there just right that second. It may take a little bit for it to show up.

Unenlightened

How long does it usually take to accept the new posts?

Enlightened

I've been on forums where you need 50 or 100 posts to even see the FS/WTB forums.

Unenlightened

I've been on may different forums and this is the first time I've ran across this requirement. Very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by bkozakie View Post
    I've been on may different forums and this is the first time I've ran across this requirement. Very frustrating.

Did you read through the whole thread? if you have then you should have a good understanding of why we have the rule.

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by 901-Memphis View Post
    I've been on forums where you need 50 or 100 posts to even see the FS/WTB forums.
    And some you can't even use it without yearly donations and or paid memberships.

Hmm I made the posts required but the red message is still at the top of the page and I can't get into my own profile

Quote Originally Posted by KuanR View Post
    Hmm I made the posts required but the red message is still at the top of the page and I can't get into my own profile
    Errr...the red message is permanent. It shows up for everyone.

As far as your profile, I'd recommend logging out, clearing your cookies, then log back in and try to access it again...

Unenlightened

It's one of those necessary evils I suppose. Running another forum myself, I understand the need to ward off spammers. It's sometimes more hassle than what it's worth....

Quote Originally Posted by arvetus View Post
    It's sometimes more hassle than what it's worth....
    That's definitely not the case here.

Norm

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    That's definitely not the case here.

Norm
    I was meaning for y'all It seems to be a lot of hassle to mod all the spam out, with as many members as what's here.....

Unenlightened

Just saw this. It would be ideal if our credentials can carry over from the main forum at CPF. There has to be a better way to do this doncha's think?

Admin formerly
    known as 'Sasha'

Quote Originally Posted by ledmitter_nli View Post
    Just saw this. It would be ideal if our credentials can carry over from the main forum at CPF. There has to be a better way to do this doncha's think?
    Not really. Considering the forum has been around for about 10+ years, doncha think we've been through the gamut trying to find the best way? This works.
    Mobile apps for CPF & CPFMP now available in Google Play & iTunes!
    Search for "CandlePowerForums" and "CPFMarketPlace"

Enlightened

Default I don't get it

Hi,
    I am a regular user on CPF. I wanted to sell my flashlight so I came to CPF marketplace.
    Seeing my login doesn't work here, I created a new one.
    Now the forum ask me to have at least 3 posts before being able to create a new thread to sell my flashlight.

This is a B/S/T forum, what kind of post am I supposed to write if everything is about B/S/T ? I have to pretend I want to buy something 3 times ?

Thanks.

How about posting in the Locker Room or Wine and Cheese Saloon?
    MY LIGHTS!
    100% CPFMP Satisfaction Record

Guys - just post in threads "wow that looks great - sorry I cannot PM yet".

The forum on CPF proper and the marketplace is pretty darn friendly for the internet, nice community and the moderators do a good job of taking care of much funny business. In fact I'm on here daily and I see very very little "objectionable" material.

It's a nice place - great deals, friendly folks. Lots of good information.
    nfetterly

Quote Originally Posted by nfetterly View Post
    Guys - just post in threads "wow that looks great - sorry I cannot PM yet". .
    Which will be deleted as fluff posts.

Post in the forums provided, the Locker Room or Wine and Cheese Saloon as suggested above.

Norm

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast