Maxpedition - Active Shooter Bags 1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: ***NEW*** ShiningBeam Blaze XM-L T6 Tactical LED Flashlight 720 Lumens

Does anyone know if the Blaze will accept AW 18650 Protected 3100 mAh cells?
    Thanks
    Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

Unenlightened

Default Re: ***NEW*** ShiningBeam Blaze XM-L T6 Tactical LED Flashlight 720 Lumens

I don't have any AW 3100 batteries but I do have AW 2900 and Callie Kustoms 3100 and they work fine. You will not have any problem with battery length because there is a spring at both ends to make up for any difference in battery length.

I appreciate your feedback chidwack.
    So no problems with 'flat top' terminal deformation or indentations from spring pressure?
    My aging AW 2200 button tops have held up well, but I just wanna be reasonably sure before I 'spring' for new cells.
    Thanks again.
    Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

Flashaholic*

With 2 X CR123 is the drain on EACH battery 2.1 amps or 1.05 amps?

Flashaholic*

Hi, Bryan. Does this light use:

a) Linear regulator?

b) Buck driver?

c) Buck/boost driver?
    "...and the diode multiplied and grew in brightness. And God saw that it was good."

Unenlightened

One of the complaints of a light like the Blaze or the Caveman is that it takes two hands to change modes by loosening and tightening the head. I learned a trick that works great with both of these lights.

You may have to play with it for a minute but it works great. Turn the light on and then loosen the head just a little. You can get it to the point where all you have to do is push down slightly on the head with your thumb while holding the light in a underhand hold and it will ramp to the next position. Lightly press again and it goes to the next mode. Very easy to do and all with one hand.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by chidwack View Post
    It would be very interesting to me if someone would do a comparison of the Shiningbeam Blaze and the Zebralight SC600. I was thinking of buying a SC600 before I bought the Blaze and after I got the Blaze in hand and started using and testing this light, I no longer have an interest in the Zebralight SC600. I'm not sure that SC600 offers anything that the Blaze doesn't have. On the other hand I think the Blaze has things to offer that the SC600 doesn't. Price is a factor. Extra bulk to help with any heating problems. Better throw. These things are all positive reasons to buy the Blaze IMHO. Since I don't own a SC600 and have never used one, I can only go with what I have read about the light. I know people like it a lot and it's hugely popular but I think if more people had experience with the Blaze, it would become a hugely popular light.

Don't get me wrong here. I'm not a Zebralight hater. I have a little Zebralight H51 headlamp flashlight and I love it. It's a very useful light.

I know I said it earlier but if a pocket clip was available, it would tailstand better, and if it had an extra mode in the 2-5 lumen range in addition or even replacing the strobe mode, the Blaze would be just about perfect. Build quality is exceptional and far better than I expected when I bought the light. It's a very solid light. If I would have bought this light before I bought a few other lights that I purchased, it would have saved me from buying lights that cost more and are not as good as the Blaze. Some of these lights I seldom use anymore. The Blaze is my favorite single cell 18650 light period. BTW, my second favorite single 18650 light is my Shingbeam S-mini. Good job Bryan.
    Got my Blaze today. It's funny chidwack that I feel the same way. I loved my Zebralight SC600 and it's my EDC but I hate the 5 minute runtime on high. It gets scary hot on high. I ran the Blaze for like 40 minutes on high and it just got a little warm. I know it will run up to 70 minutes but I just turned it off to cool it down. It is crazy bright and has a good throw. Build quality is excellent, solid and I'm very happy with it. It's going to be my EDC from now on. I also love my XML S mini. Thanks Bryan. You did a great job on this lights.

556man
    Last edited by 556man; 01-17-2012 at 06:33 PM. Reason: model

Unenlightened

556man: Glad to hear you like your Blaze. I know we don't hear much about it but I'm yet to hear anyone who didn't love the Blaze.

I just picked up a Shiningbeam Caveman and find that I like this light also. It has the same quality build quality and feel of the Blaze but uses AA batteries. It's a great light.

BTW: I'm a 556 man myself.

Enlightened

Is the Blaze flashlight still available. I did no see it on the ShiningBeam website

Unenlightened

The Blaze is probably out of stock. Bryan only lists lights he has in stock so you don't get a light that is back ordered. He will probably have some in the near future as they are a great light. You could email him.

I am now interested in the Blaze as well. I have been gone from the flashlight world for a abit. How much was the Blaze selling for. I checked the site but it looks like it is currently out of stock

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by chidwack View Post
    The Blaze is probably out of stock. Bryan only lists lights he has in stock so you don't get a light that is back ordered. He will probably have some in the near future as they are a great light. You could email him.
    I spoke with Bryan, he flat ran out of the Blaze. Should get some end of Feburary, start of March. I personally am getting three more. Not much chatter on this light, but it is outstanding nonetheless.

Unenlightened

Hopefully there can be an update on the status of this light soon. A no strobe revision and maybe a XM-L U2 upgrade?

I haven't seen these on your site for a while, are these still available?

Flashaholic

Please include strobe. I'm waiting for them to become available too. Had I've known, I would of ordered several a few months back.

Unenlightened

Hi.
    Im also interested in this light. Any news about their availability?

Unenlightened

I would prefer a 3 mode only Hi-Med-Low

Flashaholic

I contacted Bryan last week about the availability of the Blaze. He said production was slow this time round, and that it would be a month or two before he had them back in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubois View Post
    I contacted Bryan last week about the availability of the Blaze. He said production was slow this time round, and that it would be a month or two before he had them back in stock.
    Thanks for sharing that update!

I just happen to stumble across this thread - from another thread discussing Ultrafire 50x models...

I'm looking for something to see around the back yard when the animals come out at night - looking for something with 250+ lumens and maybe using normal CR123 battiers vs the special 18xxxx batteries.

Was thinking of something like the ultrafire 50x series, or the C8 device.... or now The Blaze -

Enlightened

ps56k,

You are truly a man of few words!

Unenlightened

Received an email from Bryan, Blaze back in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Boro View Post
    Received an email from Bryan, Blaze back in stock.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Enlightened

I have had the Blaze for some 6 months and I can say that this is a very nice light. It is the most used along with my Zebralight headlamp.
    Very practical and deliver very nice punch. As addition to the good light and quality, I have to praise the excellent customer service which provenly works to the other side of the world. thanks Bryan!

Enlightened

There are some scratch and dent Blazes available right now. I just nabbed one. Great deal on a very promising light. I'm a big fan of that mode spacing in that size of a light. A useable low, really bright high and an "extended runtime high". If it were a pocket light I'd probably want a moonlight and a more proportional medium but this this style of light that's perfect IMO.