Battery Junction - Olight
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Default Re: NEW! XM-L Xeno E03!!! 500LM AA/14500 Pocket Rocket! (CW, NW, WW!)

Dang, just when I'd managed to 'forget' about the XP-G EO3....now there's an XM-L.

My only hope now is that maybe even the black neutral tints will be sold out by the time I get home and can PayPal.

Flashaholic

Any idea what the output is on 3v 14505 lithium primaries? I'm guessing that it will be more or less double what you'd get on an alkaline AA. Is the light Direct Drive throughout the voltage range?

EDIT: Ah! I see my questions are answered in the top post!
    Last edited by Z-Tab; 05-09-2011 at 04:01 PM.

Flashaholic

Damn u making me buy another light!!
    Paypal sent black ti neutral...

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by tactical_hid View Post
    Reverse, just like the other XP-G E03's.

-----------

One thing I forgot to mention is these come with a Stainless Steel bezel ring, where the previous XP-G E03's only had an Aluminum bezel ring.
    the E03 was kind of begging for one. very nice.

These lights are going to be nice & floody, aren't they?

Other manufacturers should take note that the and NEUTRAL/WARM TINTS and COLORED BODIES are selling out first, even though non-cool emitters cost a premium. 'Nuf said.
    Last edited by EngrPaul; 05-11-2011 at 07:32 AM.

Enlightened

I do like everyone buying the n/w tints so there is more for me and less to pay. heh.

tacticalhid: are the SS bezels cosmetically different at all?

Wow, didn't expect to sell this many so fast!

Stock Update: 1:55PM, PST, the following are SOLD OUT and can be backordered (will ship in about 2 weeks).

Blue: Warm and Neutral White

Red: Warm and Neutral White
    This bears out what several of us have been saying for a couple years now; release the warm/neutral tints at the same time as the cool tints and the wave of cool tint purchases will be noticeably lower than when flooding the market with cool tints before releasing the warm/neutral tints and insisting that it proves less interest in warm/neutral than cool. Cool of you to offer them as we've been asking for all along!
    Quote Originally Posted by EngrPaul View Post
    Other manufacturers should take note that the and NEUTRAL/WARM TINTS and COLORED BODIES are selling out first, even though non-cool emitters cost a premium. 'Nuf said.
    Yes they should - and also realize that while they were berating us for suggesting that there was huge interest in warm/neutral tints, they were losing out on the chance to be at the leading edge of the wave in building interest in bringing superior lighting to the masses.

This manufacturer is now taking lead in a field that has been ignored by others, which if played properly will benefit all, including the naysayers when they jump on board too!

I guess I'd better go ahead and get at least one warm black on the way!
    Last edited by Kaichu Dento; 05-09-2011 at 11:23 PM.
    コイン矢の如し

Flashaholic

Beautiful- can't wait!

Flashaholic

Wow got a shipping notice/tracking number already! The wait begins...
    Last edited by madmook; 05-09-2011 at 11:29 PM. Reason: lol I can't read correctly...

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by madmook View Post
    Wow got a shipping notice/tracking number already! The wait begins...
    Still waiting for my shipping notice!

What about international customers like me, do they also get a tracking number?

Update 2011-05-10: Got informed by tactical_hid that they got out of stock shortly before my order for a NW came in. They offered me to send me an CW, a refund or to wait 2 weeks when the NWs are in stock again. Of course I told them to wait for my NW one!

BTW, great service!
    Last edited by femto; 05-10-2011 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpink View Post
    I do like everyone buying the n/w tints so there is more for me and less to pay. heh.

tacticalhid: are the SS bezels cosmetically different at all?
    They are nice. They are the same size, just these rings have a sandblasted SS finish, and also have small grooves in them. Look the same as the Sand blasted rings I sell for SF lights (just smaller): http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...C-amp-P-Series

Enlightened

Hello,

I placed an order this morning but got no response of any kind.

Tried to pm you but response was that your pm box is filled.

With everyone posting they were going to wait until beamshots go up I thought it'd be safe to hold off a day.

Obviously I was wrong. lol

1x Blue - Warm - Back ordered

"Other manufacturers should take note that the and NEUTRAL/WARM TINTS and COLORED BODIES are selling out first, even though non-cool emitters cost a premium. 'Nuf said."

True True....as a new flashaholic, I see myself slow gravitating towards the neutral to warmer tints....maybe one reason cuz I have too many cool ones

Flashaholic

Can the reflector still be removed from this version? I would love to turn mine into a 400+ lumen XM-L mini-mule.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Tab View Post
    Can the reflector still be removed from this version? I would love to turn mine into a 400+ lumen XM-L mini-mule.
    +1, I like this idea.

Also, props to the manufacturer for offering all 3 tints simultaneously at release. I don't agree that warm/neutral selling out first is statistically significant of anything, but it is refreshing to know that the warmer tints are gaining momentum among the CPF community.

(Closest thing to a beam shot.) In the photo with the flashlights turned on - I presume the purple one is cool and the red one is warm - or is it neutral? If both are on high the left one appears considerably brighter. The red one seems to be a warm temp but if set at medium it could be a neutral that has shifted some what. (Excuse me if this was covered when the XP-G R5, E03 came out - noting that the pictures are probably of that model.)
    Last edited by lumenati; 05-10-2011 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Added more text.

Unenlightened

Ordered a Black/NW yesterday. Waiting for a response, but I guess they are sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by calipsoii View Post
    I don't agree that warm/neutral selling out first is statistically significant of anything, but it is refreshing to know that the warmer tints are gaining momentum among the CPF community.
    It's significance lies in that it bears out what several of us have been saying all along and warmer tints will continue to gain in the popularity with the general public as well when they see the difference.
    コイン矢の如し

for one black and warm.

There's an "I like my lights like ....." joke in there somewhere - Yeah Baby!

This seems like a great light, especially considering the price, but the UI sequence of Med-Low-Hi still confuses me. Why not just Low-Med-Hi or Hi-Med-Low? Or am I in the minority here? And does everyone prefer their lights to turn on in Medium first?

Unenlightened

HIDBlue,
    Med-Low-Hi sequence is really strange.
    Maybe wi'll see Low-Med-Hi version in the future..

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by HIDBlue View Post
    And does everyone prefer their lights to turn on in Medium first?
    I like the idea of starting in medium. It's what I'd normally use around the yard. Next step, you would think would be high, then back to low.

Quote Originally Posted by femto View Post
    Still waiting for my shipping notice!

What about international customers like me, do they also get a tracking number?

Update 2011-05-10: Got informed by tactical_hid that they got out of stock shortly before my order for a NW came in. They offered me to send me an CW, a refund or to wait 2 weeks when the NWs are in stock again. Of course I told them to wait for my NW one!

BTW, great service!
    When your order ships, you will be given a customs form number and be notified by Paypal. There are a few countries that use this customs number to track the package, but most do not.

Quote Originally Posted by hatman View Post
    Hello,

I placed an order this morning but got no response of any kind.

Tried to pm you but response was that your pm box is filled.
    Once you place an order, you should get a paypal receipt. Thats the only information you get from me until your order ships. If you have a question, the best way to contact me is by email. I also cleared some PM's out.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Tab View Post
    You can remove the reflector, but I would not advise it, as it is needed to keep the LED centered and put pressure on it for heatsinking purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by lumenati View Post
    (Closest thing to a beam shot.) In the photo with the flashlights turned on - I presume the purple one is cool and the red one is warm - or is it neutral? If both are on high the left one appears considerably brighter. The red one seems to be a warm temp but if set at medium it could be a neutral that has shifted some what. (Excuse me if this was covered when the XP-G R5, E03 came out - noting that the pictures are probably of that model.)
    The Pictures in the first post are of the XP-G version. Color temperatures should be similar. When I have time, and when more lights come back in stock, I'll shoot some more beamshots, like I did in the last E03 XP-G thread.

-----------

All that remains right now are a couple blue a couple red and a handful of black cool white E03's. I'll keep people updated on a more specific ETA for when more arrive.

This time I will be sure to get more warm's and neutral's.

----------

Lots of questions, If I missed your question, please bring it to my attention. Thanks!

Enlightened

Once you place an order, you should get a paypal receipt. Thats the only information you get from me until your order ships. If you have a question, the best way to contact me is by email. I also cleared some PM's out.
    A PayPal receipt finally showed up.

For those of us who used PayPal, you apparently don't have our emails, right?
    So how do you notify us when you ship?

Thanks.

Flashaholic

Will selfbuilt do a mini-review? (A what's changed)

We are no longer at LuxeonI output where the warm-white is 20 lumens, neutral-white is 40 lumens, and cool-white is 50 lumens. At such low outputs a 25% gain from utilizing cool over neutral made sense.
    But now when you can slap an IMR LiMn into the cool and get 500 lumens, IFR LiFePO4 into the neutral and get 400 lumens, and utilize the crAA 14505 primary in the warm netting 300 lumens, the difference in intensity would be hard to discern. The white point differences would supersede that.

M-L-H is a concession to/for non-flashaholics.

Let's start talking about pocket clip options. Are there any?

+1

Unenlightened

+2. That's the only thing holding back my purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaichu Dento View Post
    It's significance lies in that it bears out what several of us have been saying all along and warmer tints will continue to gain in the popularity with the general public as well when they see the difference.
    I'm not knocking warm whites KD, you know I love them as much as anyone.

It's important when throwing around stats though that the entire situation is laid bare. How many warm/neutral did tactical_hid have stocked vs. cool white? If he brought in 50 cool whites, 15 neutrals and 10 warms and now has he 25/0/0, you can actually say that the cool white sold better than the warm/neutrals. He says in his post above that he needs to bring in more warm/neutrals next time - does that mean he brought in less this time?

tactical_hid, if you could comment, I'd be curious to know what numbers of each you started with? If it was equal across the board, then that's really something.