Ascent Fair
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Flashaholic*

Default -----> JETBeam RRT-0 R5 Back In Stock - New and Improved! <-------

CPF'ers,

The newly updated JETBeam RRT-0 (R5) with Infinite Variable Brightness UI is now in stock!

Available in both SMO and OP reflector options.

.003 Lumens - 255 Lumens by simply turning the control ring.

This has to have one of the "lowest low" modes I've ever seen. You can actually turn it to its lowest setting and put your eye right up to the lens without any effect. If you like low then look no further.

The RRT-0 has the same exact UI as the (now sold out) limited edition TCR2, however you can use both CR123/RCR123 or AA batteries with it.

Check our site for more info:
    www.BugoutGearUSA.com

Now Shipping!

Regards,
    Flavio
    BugoutGearUSA.com
    JETBeam USA
    888-221-5498
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.BugoutGearUSA.com

Default Re: -----> JETBeam RRT-0 R5 Back In Stock - New and Improved! <-------

the coolness lives on in HA
    WTB - V10R Ti and a Kuku 18650 tube

My RRT-0 came in today! One of the quickest shipments from when I ordered as I expected this mid next week. Very nice light! I LOVE the new Infinite Variable Interface! The super .003 lumen low is fantastic. It will be tested tonight and even during dusk I could see the beam on items relatively close so in pitch black I think the .003 lumens will be usable. I got the AA extender and it makes this a more versatile light to be able to be run on AA and CR123/RCR123/LiFePO4 cells. I am actually going to start a runtime test using a AAA>AA adapter to see how long it will run on .003 on a AAA battery. Thanks again Flavio, I am sure this will become my favoirte EDC!
    AAA Runtime Thread & Test Results:
    Group A
    (completed) / Group B (completed) / Group C (completed)

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=287386

nice. I am looking forward to your runtime test results.

Unenlightened

What a cool little light!

Yes it is very cool, I love how you can operate the ring with one hand. I do wish it was "slightly" more resistant to turning as it sometimes moves a little too easily. Would be nice if the ring part was Stainless Steel but that's just nitpicking. This is an AWESOME light. Easily one of Jetbeam's best so far!
    Group A

I would like to thank Flavio and Bugoutgear USA!!! I Ordered my RRT-0 after business hours on 2/2/11 and recieved it on 2/5/11, now that is excellent shipping/customer service! All I can say is I am very impressed with this light. The control ring feels great and the output is amazing. I would also like to add that the tint on my sample seems to be more on the neutral white side, which I see as a positive. I dont know if I won the tint lottery or if they are all this tint. The only thing that would make this light better is if it came with a clip, however I ordered a clip for the nitecore infilux which should screw right on. Also the clicky is a bit more stiff then the one on the infilux and has a slight delay. Nothing I would consider a deal breaker, just some observations. Now I anxiously await the arrival of my TCR2 to compare it to the RRT-0!!!!

Thanks again Flavio, and with customer service like this I will without a doubt be shopping at bugoutgearusa more often.

Frank

Got mine from here recently and I have to agree, the customer service is uttetly 5 star - highly recommended

Flashaholic*

BOL and flucero...quick question(s): Do either of you have the SMO reflector, and if so does it have a "donut hole" effect on the beam? If so, how pronounced is it? Flucero, it didn't come with a pocket clip? I thought a pocket clip was included with the RRT-0...Thanx! I'm about "this close" to pulling the trigger on this one, but it's GOT to have a pocket clip.

PJD
    Seize the day!

I sure hope I get mine someday. I ordered it on Black Friday and still haven't gotten it yet. It was sent last week and it must have gotten lost in the snowstorm. It's not in yet. This is now the record for the longest I've ever had to wait for a light!

PJD,

Yes I opted for the SMO reflector, I really like it, and im glad I did. On a white wall under very close scrutiny I can see just a tiny dark spot, I wouldnt even call it a donut. In real-world use you will never see it. I prefer it in comparison to the OP reflector I have in my nitecore infilux (both lights are very similar). The SMO reflector has a significantly brighter hotspot and still offers a decent amount of spill. Opt for the SMO and If you dont like it, I will trade you for the OP if you would like. Unfortunately the RRT-0 didnot come with a clip. Dont let that be a deal breaker tho, especially for the low cost of this light through bugoutgearusa. Just order a clip for the infilux, it is only 7 to 8 dollars, is made of titanium and comes with the screws. PM me if you want me to provide details as to where I purchased my clip.

Russ,

have you contacted Flavio? Sounds like a communication breakdown may be occurring.
    Last edited by flucero28; 02-06-2011 at 04:15 PM.

Unenlightened

Why don't the new ones come with a clip?

On the other hand, the nitecore ex11 (I believe it is the ex11...it's one of the nitecore clips) clip fits the RRT-O via screwing it to the top, same as the tcr2 from what I've read.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by flucero28 View Post
    PJD,

Yes I opted for the SMO reflector, I really like it, and im glad I did. On a white wall under very close scrutiny I can see just a tiny dark spot, I wouldnt even call it a donut. In real-world use you will never see it. I prefer it in comparison to the OP reflector I have in my nitecore infilux (both lights are very similar). The SMO reflector has a significantly brighter hotspot and still offers a decent amount of spill. Opt for the SMO and If you dont like it, I will trade you for the OP if you would like. Unfortunately the RRT-0 didnot come with a clip. Dont let that be a deal breaker tho, especially for the low cost of this light through bugoutgearusa. Just order a clip for the infilux, it is only 7 to 8 dollars, is made of titanium and comes with the screws. PM me if you want me to provide details as to where I purchased my clip.
    flucero...thanx for the response! I DID in fact order one today, and with the SMO reflector. I don't mind a slightly dimmer center in the hotspot...I only have a problem when a light has a donut hole that's readily apparent in "real" use. I'm really looking forward to getting this light!

PJD
    Seize the day!

I got the OP version. Donut holes aren't my thing and I prefer a more even beam with not such a pronounced hotspot.
    Group A

I finally got mine today. The testing begins!

Flashaholic*

hey guys, anyone have any idea if RRT-0's AA extender will fit the TC-R2 so that the Ti version will also be able to run on AA?

Thank you!
    4Sevens Quark AA Ti, Quark Mini AA, Preon 0 & 1 Fenix LD01 SS Jetbeam Jet-I MKII R, Jet-III PRO Ti, Jet-Ti M, TC-R3 Maglite 4D Incad., Solitaire, 3D LED Photonfanatic AAA Killer Ti TiCN HP Surefire C2

Flashaholic*

Attention all RRT-0 customers...

All those that ordered the RRT-0 R5 from us (latest batch) will be receiving a pocket clip. They were left out unintentionally by Jetbeam so as soon as they arrive we will get them out to all of you. There is NO NEED to email us since everyone will receive one regardless of whether you contacted us or not.

We are only receiving exact quantities so no extras can be provided at this time.

Thank you for your continued support!

Regards,
    Flavio
    BugoutGearUSA.com
    JETBeam USA
    888-221-5498
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.BugoutGearUSA.com

Thanks Flavio, looking forward to the clip.
    Group A

Thank you!

Flashaholic*

Diddo...thanx, Flavio! I received my RRT-0 today from BOG; EXCELLENT service/turn-around time on my order, and VERY much appreciated!

FWIW for those of you who may be "on the fence" about getting the RRT-0, here's a few quick observations/impressions concerning mine...hope it'll help push some of you over the edge as far as getting one is concerned!

I opted for the smooth reflector on mine, and I'm glad I did! I sorta took a chance, because I really DESPISE a beam with a donut hole. My particular RRT-0 has one of the best beams I've seen for an XP-G light using an SMO reflector! The hotspot center appears slightly "discolored" when white-wall hunting, but is virtually undetectable in "real use". The tint is definitely on the cool side which is what I prefer. I know that more and more folks are leaning towards neutral and warm tints these days...but I still prefer that HIDish cool tint to my lights. It's one of the things that first peaked my interest in LEDs, and it's still my preference. There is no hint of a greenish tint what-so-ever on my particular light; YMMV. The emitter is PERFECTLY centered which makes for a VERY well defined hotspot: perfectly round and symetrical in all regards!

The adjustment ring could offer a little more resistance IMHO, but I've been carrying it around in the bottom of my pocket since getting it today, and it hasn't moved on it's own so far. The output has stayed at max, where I set it.

I ordered the AA adapter to give a little more versatility/options as far as batteries (cells) are concerned, but I don't think I'll be using it that much, if at all. With the lights' business end being slightly longer than most lights as a result of the adjustment ring, the AA adapter makes it pretty long for a single cell light. Without the AA adapter, using an AW RCR123 cell, the light is just about the same length as most other single AA cell lights...but that's to be expected; the adjustment ring HAS to go somewhere, and the added length as a result is quite simply unavoidable. As far as I'm concerned, the added length is a very small price to pay, 'cause as far as I'm concerned this little light just plain ROCKS! This is my third JETBeam light so far, and is EASILY my favorite. I've compared it directly to two other lights so far: a Lumintop L1A, and an EagleTac P20C2 MkII.

In a nutshell, these are my observations (...based SOLELY on the measurements of my MkI eyeball!):

With the Lumintop using an AW protected 14500 cell and the RRT-0 using an SF123 primary cell, the two are about equal in side-spill brightness, and the Lumintop has a slightly but noticeably brighter hotspot (the hotspot of both lights are virtually identical in size). With the RRT-0 using an AW protected RCR123 cell, it pretty much TROUNCES the Lumintop with a 14500 cell; the RRT-0 is NOTICEABLY brighter in side-spill, and slightly but noticeably brighter in the hotspot. Here's an observation that I believe has a significant effect: the RRT-0's smooth reflector has a slight "flat" or "matte" reflecting surface, while the Lumintop has perhaps the "shiniest" reflector I've seen in ANY light. So while the RRT-0's spill light is quite noticeably brighter than the L1A's spill light, it's hotspot is only slightly brighter. IMHO, both manufacturers did an EXCEPTIONAL job of designing their reflectors! The RRT-0 is clearly putting out more lumens than the L1A, but the L1A's reflector does a FANTASTIC job of throwing it's available lumens forward.

Another significant observation is that the RRT-0 is NOTICEABLY brighter with an RCR123 cell as opposed to a primary SF123 cell. I expected a slight increase in output with an RCR as opposed to a primary cell...but on my particular RRT-0, the increase is QUITE noticeable with an RCR123 and a 14500 cell over a primary 123 cell!

When compared side by side with my ET P20C2 MkII, the results were a little suprising! The RRT-0 (rated at 255 lumens with an RCR123 cell) is brighter in both spill-light AND hotspot than My EagleTac P20C2 MkII using an AW protected 17670! That's suprising to me because the P20C2 MkII is rated at 300 lumens OTF; either the EagleTac is over-rated (which I don't believe it is) or the RRT-0 with an RCR123 is UNDER-RATED (which I DO believe it is based on my COMPLETELY UNSCIENTIFIC observations). In any regard, my RRT-0 using an AW protected RCR123 is brighter in both spill AND hotspot than my ET P20C2 MkII using an AW protected 17670 cell. Long story short: this little RRT-0 is quite simply a bright little SOB!!! I DEFINITELY recommend running it on either an RCR123 or a 14500 cell if you want it to run at it's full potential! The difference is QUITE noticeable!

Aside from the adjustment ring resistance, the only other thing that I think could be better on the RRT-0 is the "travel distance" of the forward clicky switch. The switch must be pushed inward a SUBSTANTIAL distance before the light will come on. Holding the light in your palm in the "regular" fashion (finger knuckles up, palm heel down, thumb on the switch) makes it pretty difficult to press the switch in far enough to acitvate the light. I don't have large hands...I'm 5'5", 150 pounds soaking wet, and it's difficult for me. Someone with wider fingers and a larger palm would probably have an even HARDER time than me activating the switch in the regular fashion. I find that using the "cigar grip" on the light, or using the tip of my index finger to activate it makes it a lot easier. This isn't really a big issue to me, but I can realistically see it being an issue with some others. Ease of activation can be a real factor for some folks...and justifyably so! IMHO, the travel distance for the switch could be a "bone of contention" that some folks may not wanna chew on! I just thought I'd make everyone aware of it.

All in all, I'm EXTREMELY pleased with my RRT-0 so far! After reading some of the issues that others had reported with earlier versions of this light, IMHO, I think JETBeam did their homework on this evolution of the RRT-0, and came up with a winner! One more thing: all of the LOW-low mode folks out there are gonna LOVE this light! It has the LOWEST low mode I've ever seen in ANY light!

IMHO...VERY well done, JETBeam!

PJD
    Last edited by PJD; 02-09-2011 at 06:46 PM.
    Seize the day!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by berry580 View Post
    hey guys, anyone have any idea if RRT-0's AA extender will fit the TC-R2 so that the Ti version will also be able to run on AA?

Thank you!
    Hi Flavio, any idea? =)

thx
    4Sevens Quark AA Ti, Quark Mini AA, Preon 0 & 1 Fenix LD01 SS Jetbeam Jet-I MKII R, Jet-III PRO Ti, Jet-Ti M, TC-R3 Maglite 4D Incad., Solitaire, 3D LED Photonfanatic AAA Killer Ti TiCN HP Surefire C2

Quote Originally Posted by berry580 View Post

Thank you!
    I'm basing this on an extender from the older RRT-0 R2 and provided the extender design hasn't changed, it will not fit into a TC-R2. The OD of the bottom portion of the extender that fits towards the battery tube is just slight wider than the ID of the battery tube. The thread on the head side however will screw on to the TC-R2's head. I suspect that if the extender was filed down on the tube side, it could be made to fit but obviously that'll have to be carried out at each owner's risk.

Cheers,
    Tim

Unenlightened

Yes, the AA extender from the new JETBeam RRT-0 fits perfect.

(AW RCR123, Sunwayman v10r TI, JETBeam TCR2, JETBeam TCR2 with AA extender, JETBeam RRT-0, AW 14500, DST TLR, Illuminati CA-1 S2)
    http://img98.imageshack.us/i/imag0086n.jpg/
    Last edited by mcfly; 02-10-2011 at 08:55 AM.

Flashaholic

Sigh Re: -----> JETBeam RRT-0 R5 Back In Stock - New and Improved! <-------

I received my rrt -0.
    9 days from US to Singapore.
    but the beam profile is kinda weird. its seems like the emitter isn't at the focus point of the parabolic reflector.

the emitter puts out alot more light compared to my TK10,
    but the beam isn't as "tight" as i thought thru the reviews i have read.

hotspot wise, is like half the throw compared to my tk 10. only slight improvement from my D10, which is disappointing.

i have ppl in this forum saying that the rrt0 matches most throw of their 2x123 lights (or better), even though its smaller. but mine isn't close (half at best).
    definately not the 210m claimed.

is there a way to "tune" my focus?
    how is it possible to disassemble the bezel?

kinda need some help here. thanks.
    i prob be returning the light if i can't do a thing to it..
    *sigh*
    Phew!

Flashaholic

Some info regarding the lights i made comparisons with.

NiteCore D10
    R2 -OP
    1x AA Eneloop

Fenix TK10
    Q5 - OP
    2x123 Primary

JetBeam RRT-0
    R5 - SMO
    1x 123 Primary.

All on high/turbo when i made the comparison.

on a side note, there seems to be a little Gap between the Stainless steel bezel and the "head" (sry, not sure how to describe this)
    hope i can post pic soon.
    Phew!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey82 View Post
    Some info regarding the lights i made comparisons with.

NiteCore D10
    R2 -OP
    1x AA Eneloop

Fenix TK10
    Q5 - OP
    2x123 Primary

JetBeam RRT-0
    R5 - SMO
    1x 123 Primary.

All on high/turbo when i made the comparison.

on a side note, there seems to be a little Gap between the Stainless steel bezel and the "head" (sry, not sure how to describe this)
    hope i can post pic soon.
    Hello,

This is the nature of the R5 emitter. It is more floody than the R2's and Q5's. The overall output is higher, however the R2 still has a more focused hot spot and better throw. For such a small EDC light and as a result of the reflector being so small the R5 will not be the king of throw lights when comparing it to something with an R2 and much larger/deeper reflector.

Hope that help,
    Flavio
    BugoutGearUSA.com
    JETBeam USA
    888-221-5498
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.BugoutGearUSA.com

Flashaholic

The beam profile is almost like a flood light.
    is it possible to open the bezel for the R5 model?
    Phew!

Flashaholic*

spidey...like I stated in my post above, if you want your RRT-0 to reach it's FULL potential as far as output is concerned, I HIGHLY recommend using an RCR123. The increase in overall output AND throw will be quite noticeable! Like Flavio said, unless you have a significantly larger reflector, it's just not the "nature of the beast" for an XP-G emitter to be a bonafide "thrower" with a small reflector...it's emitting surface is just too large to be focused into a tight spot with a small reflector. On the "plus" side, out to a distance of about 250 feet, using an RCR123 or a 14500 LIon cell, the RRT-0 will light up EVERYTHING in front of it! But I hafta say, if it's a pure "pocket thrower" you're looking for, as bright as it is, the RRT-0 probably isn't it...

PJD
    Seize the day!

Flashaholic

I do have a AWRCR123 OTW to my place.
    btw, is the R2 version a MUCH better thrower?
    the emitter surface of both the R2/R5 looks pretty identical to me.
    yes, i looking for a pocket thrower.
    i thought the RRT-0 is prob the best thrower for it size, videos like the one goinggear has on youtube seems to have a nice tight beam. (i know its a R2)
    i try to get some beam shots tonight, that will help in my explanation.
    i wonder how they still going to maintain the 200m effective range claim?
    Phew!

Anybody have a pic of the iniflux clip on it?