Innovative and high-quality Rofis flashlight
Page 26 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    UK - originally in Devon (south west UK where its pretty slow and laid back)

Default Re: --> FS: Cottonpickers Chargers incl. Worlds smallest Li-ion charger with display

Draven451: Thanks for the interest!, you you like it. Its in the post (plus a usb extn)
    Worlds smallest Li-ion charger with Display for sale: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=240304
    Solar Li-ion chargers for sale: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...d.php?t=229002

Enlightened

Default Re: --> FS: Cottonpickers Chargers incl. Worlds smallest Li-ion charger with display

CP, Sorry for the delay, but I was out of town for a while.
    Your charger arrived safe & sound and works perfectly.Thanks again

Unenlightened

I have a PC with one of the new USB 3.0 Charging ports that is supposed to be able to go up to 5A. Would you be able to make a charger than can utilize this extra current?

Thanks,
    JD

Quote Originally Posted by JudasD View Post
    I have a PC with one of the new USB 3.0 Charging ports that is supposed to be able to go up to 5A. Would you be able to make a charger than can utilize this extra current?
    Kinda on the same subject as Judas, would it be possible to make a charger that can charge more than one battery at a time, say with a 5A usb 3.0. Would be nice to charge 4 x 26650's at 1000ma each

Also, do you have a line on good wall warts to use with your USB chargers (like the blackberry one in the pic I posted would be sweet).

-Jamie M.
    Last edited by toysareforboys; 01-12-2013 at 02:48 PM.

I've talked myself into a double current upgraded charger, 300ma & 620ma, and a basic charger w/o display at 300ma. Paypal inbound.

Enlightened

$32 Paypal sent for single upgraded 500ma charger with display.
    Thanks for everything!

Charley

Enlightened

Order sent as email for
    Triple current setting Smallest Charger in World with Display and upgraded IC; choice of 3 current settings and 2 sets of leads (crocs and mags) $50
    This is for 10160, 10220, 10280
    Default is 90, 170, 400ma please
    Last edited by FsTop; 02-08-2012 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FsTop View Post
    Order sent on PP for
    Triple current setting Smallest Charger in World with Display and upgraded IC; choice of 3 current settings and 2 sets of leads (crocs and mags) $50
    This is for 10160, 10220, 10280
    Default is 90/320/62090, 170, 400ma please
    lol, ummm, what settings do you want? Looks like 90, 170 and 400ma?

-Jamie M.
    Last edited by toysareforboys; 01-12-2013 at 02:48 PM.

JudasD: I *thought* USB3 was 800ma max at 5V - I've previously bonded switchable chargers and am thinking of looking again at piloting one of those (maybe a 500ma/1200ma switchable - but need to do some testing on it and order some high current switches.)

Toysr4Boys: I haven't looked in to walwart sockets - mainly due to the differences around the world in power sockets.

Jsholli, Charley, FsTop: They are in the 'box
    Worlds smallest Li-ion charger with Display for sale: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=240304
    Solar Li-ion chargers for sale: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...d.php?t=229002

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by cottonpickers View Post
    JudasD: I *thought* USB3 was 800ma max at 5V - I've previously bonded switchable chargers and am thinking of looking again at piloting one of those (maybe a 500ma/1200ma switchable - but need to do some testing on it and order some high current switches.)
    They have created two new icons that are printed right near the USB ports. A regular power USB 3 will have the USB (trident) emblem with an SS in front of it. Then there are high power USB 2 and 3 ports, they will have a small lightning bolt next to the USB emblem. Thise are the high power ones. I am able to drive a 5.25", full-height hard drive off one of these new ports without the need for external power. Very nice!

JD

Enlightened

These chargers are awesome man!
    Working well on my 4.35V Lithium 18650's

Cheers, Fiddy.

Unenlightened

PayPal sent for one basic charger with display, 60ma specifically for charging 10180 cells. THANKS!
    The individual Soldier must always be supported... always.

Unenlightened

PayPal sent.

Triple current setting Smallest Charger in World with Display and upgraded IC; (90/200/480) settings and 2 sets of leads (crocs and mags)

Thanks!

do you have a pic of just how small the quad version is so far as the switch goes?

i'm thinking that may be what i want, but honestly I'd probably be fine with the triple.

also, what happens/doesn't happen when you change the switch position while it's charging?
    Sting. Sting would be another person who's a hero. The music he's created over the years, I don't really listen to it, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by tobrien View Post
    do you have a pic of just how small the quad version is so far as the switch goes?

i'm thinking that may be what i want, but honestly I'd probably be fine with the triple.

also, what happens/doesn't happen when you change the switch position while it's charging?
    I hope CP is OK with me responding in his thread here, since I had the same question / concern .... I got the quad, and find the switch (while small) presents no problems in terms of size or function, and (for me) is well worth the added flexibility in having an additional charging rate.

I do not think it would be a good idea to change the setting while charging, however.

Also wanted to add a question of my own - any update on the future "9-setting version" you mentioned was a possible upcoming project?
    Last edited by archimedes; 02-13-2012 at 05:50 PM.
    IF 2 = 1 THEN 1 = 0

Flashaholic*

A question, which may have been answered in the preceding 26 pages of this thread When I hook my battery to the charger, the voltmeter will immediately read something (say, 3.75V). When I plug the whole system into the USB port, the voltage immediately jumps up (so in the previous example, the moment I plug in the charger, it might jump to 3.9V). This happens with all my CP chargers (I have a few), with every battery. Expected behavior? Which one is the true voltage on the battery?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Talmadge View Post
    A question, which may have been answered in the preceding 26 pages of this thread When I hook my battery to the charger, the voltmeter will immediately read something (say, 3.75V). When I plug the whole system into the USB port, the voltage immediately jumps up (so in the previous example, the moment I plug in the charger, it might jump to 3.9V). This happens with all my CP chargers (I have a few), with every battery. Expected behavior? Which one is the true voltage on the battery?
    Voltage will change if a battery is under load (or charge)
    IF 2 = 1 THEN 1 = 0

pawnshop, Aljebreensh: They were in the post a day or two ago
    Archimedes: I have 90 9 setting switches here, but the case has been eluding me.!! I've made up 2 different types of 9 setting charger and whilst functionally they are fine, they don't look so nice. So I remain on the look out for the right case.
    Tobrien, I agree with Archimedes. I mention it being small as I know some people have 'big hands' and mind find it fiddly. For me its must fine, no problem. Nothing exciting happens if you change the current while charging - it just changes current to the new setting.
    Joe: I agree with Archimedes :-) its normal behaviour. Battery voltages 'sag' under load and rise as they are charging. This is why the CV phase 'holds' the voltage at 4.2v until the battery is able to take on the current.

Thanks for the R&D update on your "mega-charger" ( or would that be "nona-charger" ) ....
    IF 2 = 1 THEN 1 = 0

Flashaholic

Thanks for the items! Super quick shipping, I'll be ordering more soon.

Proud owner:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...-quot-unboxing...

To those that want to "dangle" cells in the air, do be careful of children, other people, cats that might knock the cell off and cause the charger to mag together and short!

Unenlightened

PP sent for: Quad current setting Smallest Charger in World with Display and upgraded IC; choice of 4 current settings and 2 sets of leads (crocs and mags), defaults and leftie fine.

Thanks, CP.

Cottonpickers

I have now sourced 2.1a USB 12v cigarette lighter adaptors (these are mainly designed to charge IPads and other power hungry tablets) - these are available on the popular auction site cheaply.

Any chance you can design your chargers with higher charging rate like 2 amps for the 18650 3100 cells? Great if could as I could have a charger in the car and when travelling as you can get USB travel adaptors that deliver 2 amps as well from apple.

Mohan

Enlightened

Hi, I ordered a 60 ma basic charger a while back to charge 10180 cells. Can I use the same charger for 10220 li ion cells? If not what kind of charger do I need?

/Gnolg
    Last edited by Gnolg; 02-15-2012 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnolg View Post
    Hi, I ordered a 60 ma basic charger a while back to charge 10180 cells. Can I use the same charger for 10220 li ion cells? If not what kind of charger do I need?

/Gnolg
    Yep, no problem! You can charge every 4.2V li-ion cell with this charger. But the bigger the cell the more time is needed

Mohanjude: Yes, I think I can do a 1200ma or 1400ma unit. Let me take a look for fun.

Gnolg: Like what Emu said :-)

MA04: Its in the 'box

All: I can't post anything til next week.

Flashaholic

Postman arrived with my new quad current charger today.

Thanks and Cheers!
    - Barry

Unenlightened

My quad current charger arrived yesterday.
    Thanks Cottonpickers!

- verge
    Eveready 2C Flashlight

Quote Originally Posted by cottonpickers View Post
    Draven451: Thanks for the interest!, you you like it. Its in the post (plus a usb extn)
    Cottonpickers,

Received this amazingly tiny and AWESOME charger today! Very fast shipping across the pond!

I know it has been said over and over in this thread but this charger really is tiny and the build quality of the work is impressive. I'm charging an AW RCR123 cell right now. It's so cool to see the voltage change and rise in real time.

Thanks for including the usb extension and I also received a cigarette plug-in adapter as an extra!

I have to say this is in the TOP 5 of the coolest purchases I have made this past year.

Keep up the great work!
    "Light up the Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Draven451 View Post
    Cottonpickers,

Received this amazingly tiny and AWESOME charger today! Very fast shipping across the pond!

I know it has been said over and over in this thread but this charger really is tiny and the build quality of the work is impressive. I'm charging an AW RCR123 cell right now. It's so cool to see the voltage change and rise in real time.

Thanks for including the usb extension and I also received a cigarette plug-in adapter as an extra!

I have to say this is in the TOP 5 of the coolest purchases I have made this past year.

Keep up the great work!
    your mini review has sold me completely. i'll buy a quad or tri asap

edit: out of curiosity, what happens when, say, the charger is unable to provide to specified/selected current? i know i plan on using my future quad in my car, but if my phone or iPod eats up too much current and doesn't leave enough for the li-ion charger, what happens?
    Last edited by tobrien; 02-16-2012 at 10:56 AM.
    Sting. Sting would be another person who's a hero. The music he's created over the years, I don't really listen to it, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that.

Cottonpickers - let me know (pm or email) when you get the 1400ma charger done - if possible make it with a display and a quad. If successful let me know and I will buy it.

Mohan