Maxpedition - Patches
Results 1 to 28 of 28
  1. #1
    Admin formerly
    known as 'Sasha'
    Greta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Home of the London Bridge
    Posts
    2,907

    Exclamation "Good Deals" and Specials at the MarketPlace

    The Good Deals forum at the MarketPlace is now a MEMBERS ONLY forum.

    When you click on the link to the "Good Deals" forum on the main index page of CPF, you will be sent to a page that says,

    "This forum is not viewable to anyone who is not registered and/or not logged in. In addition, this forum will not become viewable to registered and/or logged in members until they have been vetted through the "two-post" policy.

    READ THE CPF/CPFMP RULES & FAQ'S IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!

    In 15 seconds, you will be redirected to the "Good Deals" forum at CPFMarketPlace.

    If you see a message that says that you do not have permission to view the page, that means that you are not logged in to CPFMarketPlace and/or have not yet been vetted through the "two-post" policy."


    You will also find the CPF Specials thread has been moved to the Good Deals forum. These items are for CPF and CPFMP members ONLY!... most especially the CPF Specials. If people want to take advantage of these deals and specials, they can register and become contributing members of our community.

  2. #2
    Unenlightened
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: "Good Deals" and Specials at the MarketPlace

    annoyed with the "members" process. I have been a member of CPF for over a year visit regularly but didn't know CPFMP required a separate registration. I have made my 2 posts but still can't access the Good Deals forum. What more do I need to do? Please PM an answer if you have one.

  3. #3
    Admin formerly
    known as 'Sasha'
    Greta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Home of the London Bridge
    Posts
    2,907

    Default Re: "Good Deals" and Specials at the MarketPlace

    The policy regarding the two forums being seperate has been around for several years. Simply reading the forum policies that you agreed to when you registered would have clued you into this.

    annoyed at people who don't bother to read forum policies and faq's and try to blame their failure on me and/or the "process"...

  4. #4
    Unenlightened
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    0

    Default Re: "Good Deals" and Specials at the MarketPlace

    I just did the same thing, registered here and then found out I was not registered on the other site. So if I have nothing to sell, how do I do two posts in the marketplace section or is there a "general" section on this server we can put our posts on so we can be verified as real humans?

    Thank you
    Jennifer

  5. #5
    Admin formerly
    known as 'Sasha'
    Greta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Home of the London Bridge
    Posts
    2,907

    Default Re: "Good Deals" and Specials at the MarketPlace

    Quote Originally Posted by jjbond View Post
    I just did the same thing, registered here and then found out I was not registered on the other site. So if I have nothing to sell, how do I do two posts in the marketplace section or is there a "general" section on this server we can put our posts on so we can be verified as real humans?

    Thank you
    Jennifer
    You could contribute something of substance to forums where posts go toward your post count. FYI... this isn't one of them.

  6. #6
    Unenlightened
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    0

    Default Re: "Good Deals" and Specials at the MarketPlace

    Wow, don't you think you are being a little pushy/mean here? If the goal is to cut down on spammers/non-humans, you're not going to accomplish it with this type of attitude. All you will do is drive people that may have good contributions (now or in the future) away.

    I agree with the other posters - it is a bit peculiar that registration is required on both sites. Take a look at almost any other forum on the Internet - the marketplace and other forums are combined on the vast majority of them.

  7. #7
    Admin formerly
    known as 'Sasha'
    Greta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Home of the London Bridge
    Posts
    2,907

    Default Re: "Good Deals" and Specials at the MarketPlace

    Quote Originally Posted by airs View Post
    Wow, don't you think you are being a little pushy/mean here? If the goal is to cut down on spammers/non-humans, you're not going to accomplish it with this type of attitude. All you will do is drive people that may have good contributions (now or in the future) away.

    I agree with the other posters - it is a bit peculiar that registration is required on both sites. Take a look at almost any other forum on the Internet - the marketplace and other forums are combined on the vast majority of them.
    I never said the goal was to cut down on spammers/non-humans. The goal is to provide our contributing members with an extra little perq.

    And why would I want to CPF to be like "almost any other forum on the internet"?... Just from a marketing standpoint, that would be stupid. But let's just look at it from a popularity standpoint... CPF is without question the largest flashlight community on the internet. That's not a brag... it is simply a fact. So I guess I'm doing something right... otherwise, CPF would have been dead long ago and one of those other forums would be claiming that stat. Just sayin'....

  8. #8
    Unenlightened
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    0

    Default Re: "Good Deals" and Specials at the MarketPlace

    http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...d.php?t=185630 is what I was referring to when I mentioned spam.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greta
    And why would I want to CPF to be like "almost any other forum on the internet"?... Just from a marketing standpoint, that would be stupid.
    I didn't say you should make CPF like other forums in terms of content. I said you should look at the structure of most other successful forums on the Internet - they dont have separate registration for their marketplaces.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greta
    CPF is without question the largest flashlight community on the internet. That's not a brag... it is simply a fact. So I guess I'm doing something right... otherwise, CPF would have been dead long ago and one of those other forums would be claiming that stat. Just sayin'....
    Stay the course only works for so long. Sometimes you should listen to feedback from your users.

  9. #9
    Admin formerly
    known as 'Sasha'
    Greta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Home of the London Bridge
    Posts
    2,907

    Default Re: "Good Deals" and Specials at the MarketPlace

    Quote Originally Posted by airs View Post
    http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...d.php?t=185630 is what I was referring to when I mentioned spam.
    Uh... apples and oranges. Not even referring to the same animal here. If you were referring to that thread, then you should have posted in that thread...



    I didn't say you should make CPF like other forums in terms of content. I said you should look at the structure of most other successful forums on the Internet - they dont have separate registration for their marketplaces.



    Stay the course only works for so long. Sometimes you should listen to feedback from your users.
    Tell ya what... let's have a contest... you go off and start your own forums and do things your way... (like almost any other forum on the internet)... and we'll meet up in a year and see who's doing better... mmkay?

    ... and you're right... sometimes it is best to listen to the feedback from my users... and that is exactly what I did with this latest policy change. This is what they wanted... so I gave it to them...

  10. #10
    Unenlightened
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    0

    Default Re: "Good Deals" and Specials at the MarketPlace

    Meh, I give up. Where is the brick wall icon when you need it?

  11. #11
    Admin formerly
    known as 'Sasha'
    Greta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Home of the London Bridge
    Posts
    2,907

    Default Re: "Good Deals" and Specials at the MarketPlace

    Quote Originally Posted by airs View Post
    Meh, I give up. Where is the brick wall icon when you need it?

    Right here --->

  12. #12
    Unenlightened
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    0

    Default Re: "Good Deals" and Specials at the MarketPlace

    I am just signing up for this marketplace forum. since I have nothing to either sell or buy at this time, i guess this is the place for me to post my mandatory 2 posts.

  13. #13
    Super Moderator
    DM51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Borg Cube #51
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Re: "Good Deals" and Specials at the MarketPlace

    Welcome, gibbs... but 2 points to consider:

    1. Posts made in the Admin/practice sub-forums do not count towards your total.

    2. Your post is fluff, that is to say it has no point to its existence other than to boost your post count. Normally, fluff posts are deleted, but as it doen't count anyway, and it serves to illustrate a point, I'm leaving it.
    Resistance is futile...

  14. #14
    Flashaholic tre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    IL, USA
    Posts
    164

    Default Re: "Good Deals" and Specials at the MarketPlace

    I think a little positive feedback is need to balance things out here. The "good deals" forum setup is perfect for the dealers/manufacturers that provide the discounts and most CPF members. It makes sense to reserve the discounts for people who support/contribute to the community as a whole while at the same time having the additional benefit of making sure the discounts are not overused/abused by non-cpf members.

  15. #15
    Unenlightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: "Good Deals" and Specials at the MarketPlace

    I came here for the first time in a while (longtime lurker) specifically looking for this thread. I post a little bit on CPF (but not much), mainly lurk.

    I guess considering I don't contribute that much I shouldn't be too unhappy about the required registration, but having said that I don't really see myself contributing much around these parts anyway (thanks to the old ocean inbetween me and the bulk of users).

    I don't really have an issue with the required registration, fair enough that deals should be for contributing users. However, I don't know if its possible with the permissions, but I would have kept the forums visible to nonmembers, but the threads themselves members only. That way folks like me don't start wondering whether deals have been banned or somethign!

  16. #16
    Unenlightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: "Good Deals" and Specials at the MarketPlace

    Actually, I revise my opinion. I'm finding it terribly difficult to actually post anywhere with useful information here. To be honest, I think the deals thread would be better served over at CPF...

  17. #17

    ~Hank Supporter~
    Machete God's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    KL, MYS
    Posts
    380

    Default Re: "Good Deals" and Specials at the MarketPlace

    Quote Originally Posted by spronkey View Post
    Actually, I revise my opinion. I'm finding it terribly difficult to actually post anywhere with useful information here. To be honest, I think the deals thread would be better served over at CPF...
    You are not only limited to posting sales/manufacturer/trade-related stuff on CPFMP. There is an off-topic forum you can post in, surely you can find a few threads in there to be post-worthy?

    P.S. try 'The Wine, Cheese & Cigar Saloon' or 'The Locker Room' sub-forums in there...
    Last edited by Machete God; 11-23-2010 at 01:21 PM.

  18. #18
    Unenlightened
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: "Good Deals" and Specials at the MarketPlace

    Quote Originally Posted by cigma View Post
    annoyed with the "members" process. I have been a member of CPF for over a year visit regularly but didn't know CPFMP required a separate registration
    +1
    May be you could try to "link" both forum. Or made more clear that you will need a new user with this retrictions in CPF.

  19. #19
    Admin formerly
    known as 'Sasha'
    Greta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Home of the London Bridge
    Posts
    2,907

    Default Re: "Good Deals" and Specials at the MarketPlace

    Quote Originally Posted by herculino View Post
    +1
    May be you could try to "link" both forum. Or made more clear that you will need a new user with this retrictions in CPF.
    If you read the FAQs and policies as recommended in the red notice staring you in the face, it is there...

  20. #20
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,851

    Default Re: "Good Deals" and Specials at the MarketPlace

    It's funny that all the people who had comments, suggestions, or complaints, in this thread, even after like a year, remain at single-digit post counts.

    That's too bad that they missed out, but I guess it also shows the process is kind of working...!
    EDC: HDS B42XRGT SSC P4 | Stainless Steel UltraFire Cree C1 | Red Covert Photon Freedom
    The rest: MillerMods 2D (2 D-Nimh) Mag Quad-Cree | DonShock 1D (4 AA-Nimh) Mag Tri-Cree with Potentiometer | Elektrolumens' "My Little Friend" SSC P4 | Bloodwood and Silver 2AA MagLED by Will

  21. #21
    Flashaholic* Kaichu Dento's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    大和/Alyeska
    Posts
    2,476

    Default Re: "Good Deals" and Specials at the MarketPlace

    Quote Originally Posted by mcmc View Post
    It's funny that all the people who had comments, suggestions, or complaints, in this thread, even after like a year, remain at single-digit post counts.

    That's too bad that they missed out, but I guess it also shows the process is kind of working...!
    It's funny that you posted what I was just going to post! Hard to believe they have enough interest in lights to hang out here and can't think of anything to post - I wonder if they're that quiet at a party?!?
    コイン矢の如し

  22. #22
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    220

    Default Re: "Good Deals" and Specials at the MarketPlace

    + 1
    Iowa

  23. #23
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,851

    Default Re: "Good Deals" and Specials at the MarketPlace

    Kaichu --
    EDC: HDS B42XRGT SSC P4 | Stainless Steel UltraFire Cree C1 | Red Covert Photon Freedom
    The rest: MillerMods 2D (2 D-Nimh) Mag Quad-Cree | DonShock 1D (4 AA-Nimh) Mag Tri-Cree with Potentiometer | Elektrolumens' "My Little Friend" SSC P4 | Bloodwood and Silver 2AA MagLED by Will

  24. #24
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    87

    Default Re: "Good Deals" and Specials at the MarketPlace

    Quote Originally Posted by tre View Post
    I think a little positive feedback is need to balance things out here. The "good deals" forum setup is perfect for the dealers/manufacturers that provide the discounts and most CPF members. It makes sense to reserve the discounts for people who support/contribute to the community as a whole while at the same time having the additional benefit of making sure the discounts are not overused/abused by non-cpf members.
    +1 on the positive FB. I love it here and find great deals in the FS/Trade/Wanted, purchased many cool things here, and sold one or two things as well. Greta, you're doing a great job!! I think the Good deals and specials *should* be limited to us !! Thanks again CPFMP!!!
    Greetings Professor Falken......

  25. #25
    Admin formerly
    known as 'Sasha'
    Greta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Home of the London Bridge
    Posts
    2,907

    Default Re: "Good Deals" and Specials at the MarketPlace

    Quote Originally Posted by atmoslab View Post
    I would like to ask if there is a place in here for rookies to post comments, questions and other rookie's stuff.
    Thank you in advance.
    Look around!

  26. #26
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    180

    Default Re: "Good Deals" and Specials at the MarketPlace

    Personally, I have been a cpf member for a long time. I don't have many posts in this swction but I have no issuws with a two post minimum. I am a member of a photo forum that rwquires 300 posts and 3 months to view buy & sell threads. The policy here is pretty liberal at only two posts.
    Too Many lights
    http://www.md-lightsource.com
    Stocking Crelant / Xtar / Klarus / FourSevens / EagleTac/ Niteye

  27. #27
    Unenlightened
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: "Good Deals" and Specials at the MarketPlace

    This is annoying, can't view a few places, last time I posted never got published or else I would have more posting under this name. Now I am trying to get to the Thrunite T1 promotional page and apparently I am not logged in or something.
    Is there a bug with this forum?

    I have made roughly five replies to some threads here, some show up some don't after being reviewed by moderators. I am still getting the red screen, I've never belong to a forum with these ridiculous rules, heck I can't even update my own profile.
    Last edited by Marbat; 06-14-2012 at 09:51 PM.

  28. #28
    Unenlightened
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    9

    Default Re: "Good Deals" and Specials at the MarketPlace

    I just can't wait to buy all the parts you guys don't want/need haha. I'm new as hell around here.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •