• CPFMarketPlace is now a read-only archive for reference. New registrations and creating new posts and threads have been disabled.
• The Manufacturer's and Dealer's Corners have been moved to the Commercial Corner on CandlePowerForums.com.
• Want To Sell (WTS) and other sales threads will now be listed at The CPF Mall
• Want To Buy (WTB) and Want To Trade (WTT) will be listed in a specific forum in the General MarketPlace on CandlePowerForums.com.
• Additional information regarding these changes can be found in the Administrative Announcements forum on CandlePowerForums.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Grinser2 Titanium Krypto-lite Housings- SOLD OUT

Hey Gadgeteers, I have been making/selling these housings for about two years now, but I would like to formerly introduce the Titanium Krypto-lite to CPF

The Krypto-lite Interchange System is designed so buyers can provide and install their own vials. These devices utilize a system that allows buyers to change vial colors, replace a vial if it is damaged or expired, or harvest vials for other purposes. The housings are turned from solid 3/8" or 1/2" 6al-4v solid titanium rod stock then they are milled, drilled, and tapped to accept a 10-32 Monel set screw. Monel is an interesting material that is classified as a super-alloy or exotic. The set screws are also milled with a thru hole that allows the trit vial to be seen from the end. Each piece is fitted with a solid stainless steel split ring and has a maker's mark placed on the bottom. Buyers will also receive a tool kit that has a hex key wrench and three pieces of clear tubing (already cut to fit 3x23mm vials). You can load one tube and save the others for for later or load all three with your favorite colors so you can change out trit vials at your discretion. You could even use glow powder resin instead of a trit vial if you prefer. Everything will come packaged in a bag with a card and a small set of instructions (or you can watch the installation video HERE).

IMPORTANT STUFF
    • Price for the housings are as follows:
      Titanium with Monel Set Screw- $105 (All are SOLD or SPF)

• This is a housing system. Tritium vials are not included. If you need to source vials you may do so through other sellers here at Candlepower Forums.

• CONUS shipping is $3 per order (regardless of quantity). International orders will be assessed actual shipping cost based on location.

• Krypto-lite Zombie Repellent T-shirts are $18. They come in black, black, or black. Sizes S-2XL. Some sizes are getting a little limited.

• If you order a shirt and a Krypto and you are in the CONUS I will cover the shipping costs.

• Payment can be made by Paypal or Money Order

Titanium Krypto-lite Kit

Close-up

End Shot Showing Ano Stamp and Set Screw Removed

Low Light Shots- No vials are included

Krypto-lite Zombie Repellent T-shirts
    Back

Front
    Last edited by kpd151; 02-24-2010 at 11:48 AM.

Default Re: Titanium Krypto-lite Tritium Vial Housings

Those look AWESOME!

Good Luck with your sales.
    Stevens Point, WI - Home of the World's Largest Trivia Contest on WWSP 90FM - Every April.

Thanks for the kind words Whineyweim.
    Last edited by kpd151; 02-24-2010 at 11:49 AM.

Unenlightened

Hello, I will take one! Pls email me w/payment instructions, as I am yet to be able to receive PM's. Thank you!!

PM to you.

Karl

Karl- PM replied.

Quote Originally Posted by tic619 View Post
    Hello, I will take one! Pls email me w/payment instructions, as I am yet to be able to receive PM's. Thank you!!
    Email incoming. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tic619 View Post
    Being a new member, your contact info is not available. You can post here with an email address or you can email me.
    Last edited by kpd151; 02-24-2010 at 11:37 AM.

Flashaholic

Karl,

Any remaining housings for sale?

If so... PM me with PP info!!!

Oh and a Shirt... XL too please!

Thanks so much,

RTRYLAND.

Just GORGEOUS work.
    Last edited by rtryland; 02-23-2010 at 12:52 PM. Reason: For got to include I'll TAKE IT!!! Ha!
    The Lumens are Strong with this one.
    Bad-A flashlights, the closest thing to a lightsaber.

Quote Originally Posted by rtryland View Post
    Karl,

Any remaining housings for sale?

If so... PM me with PP info!!!

Oh and a Shirt... XL too please!

Thanks so much,

RTRYLAND.

Just GORGEOUS work.
    You got the last one! PM inbound. Thanks much.

Default Re: Titanium Krypto-lite Tritium Vial Housings- SOLD OUT

Are you going to make anymore sometime soon?

JM-99

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpmaster View Post
    +1 to that! I'd like to know too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpmaster View Post

JM-99
    Certainly! These housings are an ongoing project and I make them in small batches of 8-12 pieces at a time. Typically I manage to get a small group finished every 2-3 weeks. Although the ones offered here were all Titanium, I also make them from naval brass, 303 stainless, and damascus steel. There are also a variety of finishes available. All pieces, regardless of metal type, utilize the same set screw system.

Default Re: Titanium Krypto-lite Housings- SOLD OUT

Do you have a photo of a Damascus steel one?

Quote Originally Posted by lisantica View Post
    Do you have a photo of a Damascus steel one?
    The damascus Kryptos are still a work in progress but they are approaching fruition. I am working on some heat treat options right now to ensure a very durable product. Here's a couple of pics to give you an idea of what is on the way. Please keep in mind that this is an unfinished piece. It has not gone to heat treat and only had about a 3 second etch that only served to reveal the pattern. Finish pieces will be heat treated, deep etched, and polished which will make the pattern VERY bold. Anyway, here's a look

Damascus Krypto-lite

End shot showing threads for Interchange System

Ohhhhh my! Put me on a list for a Dam Krypto.

Drool Re: Titanium Krypto-lite Housings- SOLD OUT

Very nice!
    I would love a damascus one as well, preferrably for one of my 4x20mm vials...
    BART

Flashaholic*

What is the price of the damascus version?
    I'm nobody. It's the easiest thing to remember so remember it.

Flashaholic*

Very nice work
    Put me down for a Damascus !

Karl

Interested in a Dam Krypto

that is some very nice work! I was wondering when you were going to pop over here from the usn.

and yeah, you should make some to fit b@rt's 4x20mms.. max pressure for max brightness!

I'm probably in...

Karl

Flashaholic*

Put me down for a titanium one! Just saw this thread, I'm always late!

Thanks for the positive feedback and kind words guys. I just wanted to respond to a few of the comments/questions.

The damascus Kryptos have been a slow developing product because they require many more steps than the other metals I typically deal with. I am currently working on some heat treat options and then they will be ready to go. I have been over attentive to detail on these because I want to ensure folks get the best product for their money and I don't want to take any chances on ruining the expensive, custom-made, damascus stock. Anyway, I hope to have some of the first pieces ready in the next several weeks.

A few people mentioned being put on a list for something they wanted. As much as I would love to do "orders" so everyone could get exactly what they want, I have generally chosen not to. I like retaining the freedom to work at my own pace and keep my priorities in order. Otherwise I risk getting behind at work (bad) or getting in trouble with my wife and kids (really, really bad ). My personal schedule is often chaotic and having deadlines to get stuff done rarely works well. I typically make these in small controlled batches of 5 to 10 pieces and I make them available for purchase when I get them ready. Once they are gone, they are gone until the next batch gets finished. I will start an information thread over in the regular forums section with some pictures of past work and current projects. I will update the thread as I have pieces that are sale ready. I will try to give everyone plenty of notice as to the posting date/time. Once I get the tread started I will post the link here and if my work is of interest to you, you can simply subscribe to the thread to be notified of what's on the way.

B@rt and csshih posed the idea of some Kryptos to fit the 4x20 vials. Technically, that is not a problem. However, it isn't practical to do just one or two pieces of a specific size because the cost of tooling a peripheral parts have to be configured in the price. If you do quite a few the cost of these things is diluted quickly but it would have a huge negative impact on just a few pieces. From a production standpoint this change would require additional mill bits, taps, set screws, and tubing. Another option would be to lengthen the entire piece so it would accept two (2) 4x20 vials, end to end, which would essentially give the appearance of a 4x40mm vial. It would definitely be big and bold. Unfortunately, these things can get pricey in a hurry but if there was enough interest, it would be something I would be willing to look at.
    Last edited by kpd151; 02-25-2010 at 12:04 PM.

Arrow Re: Titanium Krypto-lite Housings- SOLD OUT

I can totally understand it would be counterproductive to make only a couple of housings for the 4x20mm vials, but I think there would definately be interest for more given the fact that the vials are brighter.
    Of course the ultimate decision is yours, I still would be very interested in obtaining a damascus one.
    BART

Quote Originally Posted by B@rt View Post
    I can totally understand it would be counterproductive to make only a couple of housings for the 4x20mm vials, but I think there would definately be interest for more given the fact that the vials are brighter.
    Of course the ultimate decision is yours, I still would be very interested in obtaining a damascus one.
    I am definitely going to do a little research to see how many we would need to make to distribute costs enough to make it an affordable endeavor. After I do that we could look at throwing an interest thread together to get an idea of how many folks might want one. B@rt, I would like to know what you think about the single 4x20 vs. the double stacked 4x20. Out of curiosity, what is the per vial cost?

Thanks!

Arrow Re: Titanium Krypto-lite Housings- SOLD OUT

I would prefer a single 4x20mm myself, I think "short and stubby" would look great on your excellent design. The cost would be lower as well with the vials costing $45.- a piece.
    BART

Thanks B@rt. Based on the cost of the vials I tend to agree that most users may prefer the single. I'm going to do a little research and I will PM you to see what we might be able to come up with.

While this sounds like something in which I'd be interested, it's not of heart valve need so I'm happy to wait!

Karl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast