Fenix Outfitters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sold to rkmorrow!.... Xeray Barnburner-75 Watt HID + Extra Ballast and bulb

Sold to rkmorrow!....
    I'm in the mood to sell my Barnburner .. it should be priced to sell..... only 800.00 + shipping! This is Second generation.

Xeray still sells the 50W version but only a few of the 75W versions were released before being discontinued.. those 75W versions are called the "Barnburners".

Includes Case, Two Ballasts Two bulbs, Inverter to run off AC power while hooked to DC12V.

Only Serious buyers..... there are numerous threads on CPF about the BB if you want beamshots or other info. You can also search Google here.

I also have two tritium Glow sticks mounted to the case which I can remove if desired "tritium is very expensive and hard to get these days!"
    Tritium glows 24/7 and looses 1/2 its brightness every 12 years.

A thick layer of glowpaint is also applied to the "outside" rim to give a nice glow effect after using.

This light puts out 8600 lumens at 75W!

PayPal preferred.

Last edited by windstrings; 10-12-2009 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Sold

Default Re: FS: Xeray Barnburner-75 Watt HID + Extra Ballast and bulb

There is nothing like the Xevision BarnBurner. Compare output for this price to any other spotlight. It is "King of the Hill" of hand held spotlights. Here is a compendium of threads about it.

"Windy" has been a solid member for years, so buyers do not need to be concerned about any sales problems. On average, 1 or 2 of these might come up for sale in a year.

I would not even think of selling my BarnBurner for less than $1200, so this is an amazing deal. Many members have wanted to get this light, but been unable until now.

This thing it going to sell fast!!

Windy, see my PM in CPF forum. I'm reluctantly backing out--but it has nothing to do with the incredible deal of this package and sales price.

This is the single best deal on a BarnBurner I have seen on this light....especially when considering there is an extra bulb $85-100, & extra 75W ballast $250 thrown in.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot36 View Post
    This thing it going to sell fast!!

Lol!.... Yep... I guess you were right!

Flashaholic*

Congratulations guys, hell of a deal--I'll never sell my one and only it has proved to be too valuable as a search tool in the lake. It already paid for itself twice over.

This is still up for sale...see previous post & PM I sent you. Sorry.

Enlightened

Send PP info. Drool.

Welcome to the forum RK.... I see your just gonna jump in with both hands and both feet!.....

I don't know if you have any experience with these types of lights yet, but believe me..... even a 35W HID blows you away when all you've ever see are normal lights and spotlights.

I just got back from a DFW flashlight festival and when I fired up the BB, jaws dropped and people just keep remarking over and over at how it turns night into day.

Trust me.. I feel awkward getting rid of it as its the more powerful in my arsenal.

Its so impressive, this is the reason its maker limited its numbers as he only wanted true CPFers to have one for liability reasons.
    CPF Folks are usually educated enough and respect lights enough that they would respect its power as one could cause someone to drive completely off the road if you shined it into an oncoming car.

So I respectfully trust you know what your getting and won't make any trains run off the track.... LOL!

Speaking of that... one time I got on top of my slide in the back yard "for my pool" and stood up and as my wife came around the corner of the block about 400 yards away, I shined it her direction and she described it as like having a train light beamed on her and it turned night into day!

I'll PM you and we can get together and I'll see whats on your mind!
    Last edited by windstrings; 10-11-2009 at 02:48 PM.

where'd you get that trit from?
    I've always wanted one that big.

Quote Originally Posted by csshih View Post
    where'd you get that trit from?
    I've always wanted one that big.
    Like I mentioned.... glowrings or such of that size is 'very" hard to get in the us because they found enough missing to make a bomb.

I bought it a few years back I bought them from this guy.

But I haven't seen them of that size available for a long time.

I will post if and when the Barnburner sells....

Flashaholic

Let me know if he backs out

Quote Originally Posted by hornady708 View Post
    Let me know if he backs out
    I have not been contacted other than the post you've seen.

RK, If you still want this PM or call me with your info.

I will wait till tomorrow afternoon "Sunday" for you to seal the deal or at least contact me by PM, post or by the Phone number I PM'd otherwise, Ill assume you changed your mind.
    Last edited by windstrings; 10-10-2009 at 06:14 PM.

Flashaholic

Hi. Im interested. Pls let me know if the light is still available. Thanks

Enlightened

i did have a chance to witness this baby at the DFW get together and it is definitely a day-maker...we were trying to test our "throw" over a large area (huge field of trees at a lower elevation than us) ...he fired up the barn burner and merely turned the entire area into daylight...it was rather depressing for my little surefires....they now have a complex, i would reenlist again to buy this light if i was currently eligible...windstrings you are crazy to let it go at all especially for this price

Enlightened

Yup, I'm still wanting it. Just got back from a nephew's wedding, so I'm back with it here on the marketplace now. PM sent.

I'm really happy to see all this interest. You will never see one at this price, let alone with all these extras again.

It is also really great of Windy to be so careful that people know what they are getting and how to take care of it. Once you see it, you understand why someone might want a 2nd backup one like I was thinking above.

Enlightened

Thanks!

Enlightened

Wow, waaay cheap, with extra ballast and bulb. I just logged on after being off a couple weeks. Not to give you sellers remorse but I would have ponied up several hundred more for this package. And to anyone out there with barnburners, give me a pm if you wish to sell. Email sbdix@mchsi.com Congrats to the new guy, I have one but would love to have another.

Default Re: Sold to rkmorrow!.... Xeray Barnburner-75 Watt HID + Extra Ballast and bulb

I appreciate all the interest!..... RWMorrow contacted me this afternoon and paid in full to paypal.

CongratsBob on the purchase of an awesome light!

I told him I would not spend the money till he received the product and was totally happy with it...so there is a very slim chance he could send it back...LOL!...... but I wouldn't hold your breath!

I feel like I'm letting an old friend go, but I trust it will be to a good home.

I was pleased to find out that Bob works in a field that makes him very competent with electronics and so I'm sure he will baby it well and responsibly.

And thanks for the sellers remorse Toolboy!...... just kidding!... I don't mind selling it for 800.00... its a fair price.

I put it on the market for 1200.00 last year but had no takers and I intended to take it off the market and just keep it if RK or hornady didn't want it....

Then I was surprised to see more interest when I got online today but it is a pretty unique light!

I appreciate everyone's support and interest.... thanks.
    Last edited by windstrings; 10-11-2009 at 02:51 PM.

Flashaholic

Default Re: Sold to rkmorrow!.... Xeray Barnburner-75 Watt HID + Extra Ballast and bulb

Congrats on your sale windstrings and rkmorrow for the amazing dea!!!

Reminder for rkmorrow before turning the light ON for the first time:
    Be ready to be blown away
    I for once blown away when I first turned ON my 50W HID

Enlightened

So, it'll put my Wolf Eyes 35W to shame, will it?

Quote Originally Posted by rkmorrow View Post
    So, it'll put my Wolf Eyes 35W to shame, will it?

Put it this way... I have the L35 and 35Watts is a tad less than half of 75W... does the extra watts interpret into over twice the overall lumens?

Yes!.... the ballast that is currently in the unit puts out even more..."but only 30 min runtime" so be ready to be dazzled and amazed!
    The other ballast is standard 75W.

These lights are like an addition, its hard to be impressed with less once you've had the good stuff!

I didn't mention the wattage, but the inverter I'm giving with the unit is a 400Watt and it fits in the case nice and tidy!
    Last edited by windstrings; 10-11-2009 at 05:45 PM.

Flashaholic

I was very impressed with my Oracle 35W HID until I turned ON my 50W HID
    And that was time I turned ON my 35W

Make sure you get someone to go about 1/4 mile down the road and shine it back at you so you know what you are doing to people when they see it!

I love taking my DEFT walking because when I see barking dogs several houses away, I can shine it on them and they literally turn their heads the other way and won't look at me!... I wonder why?

Unfortunately, you can't do that with the barnburner because the neighbor will think ET landed in their backyard as it will light every window in their house just from the reflection!

The Barnburner is so bright, its almost unusable around other people.... like a strong laser but not as dangerous.

But it would flat light up everything in a field if you wanted to spot game.

I used it to go to my fishing spot before dawn.... if there was any fisherman there before me, they would always ask if I was the one with that spotlight they saw!.... Of course I turned it off when I got close to them.

Flashaholic

Just make sure that "someone" wont run away with your BB (j/k)

One reason I put the tritium bars on it was because if I dropped in in the bushes or it rolled down a hill, I wanted to be able to find it.

Plus they make a nice soft glow light that will give light in the tent all night... or all year... or all the next 20 years!

Its nice not having to "find" your light in the dark. Glowpaint is cool right after you turn it off, but quickly fades dramatically over the next few minutes and is scarcely the same after several hours.

Flashaholic*

Once I took mine to the golf course and turned it on the tee off at hole #1, about 400 yards and it lit up the green , the guys could not believe it.

Enlightened

I finally was home long enough to drop by UPS and pick up my very own Barnburner. Thanks, Windstrings! What a light. We've got some farm acreage here and this thing illuminates the tree line about 150 m away like day. As I swept the beam around, the eye reflections of several deer were easily visible.

Beam spread is just about perfect for the light's brightness and it seems optimized for use at distances between about 40 and 150 m. Any closer than 40 m and objects are so bright that it's bye bye night vision. Spill is about 150 degrees wide and useful out to about 50 m. Although beam spread is adjustable, there seems to be an optimum setting that produces the best uniformity, with a very small hot spot in the center.

Anyway, this light exceeded my expectations, and nothing I've got can compare to it. Not even the HIDs in my car.