Black Moon LTD
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Jeers (3) To Lummi

As of today, I have received the resolution to both transactions, though neither were the resolutions Lummi originally agreed upon.

Rob was originally going to send me a tailcap so I wouldn't have to make the swap myself, to save me from being radiated. Today I changed the trits I received from Lummi, unfortunately not able to remove the old ones without breaking them. I don't think the radiation did anything bad to me, we'll see. :twitch: :twitch:

The Raw Ti that I ordered was, and has been, listed as an in-stock item on the web page. I was told my flashlight was just about ready to ship multiple times. I was always thanked for my patience, as if it was a bottomless well. I observed my good will and patience was being taken advantage of, especially seeing all the other projects which were getting Rob's full attention.

Rob has been "fair" in the end, but thats about as high of a score I would give him this year. His dealings with me have not contained the same high standard that his flashlights do. Perhaps this will change.

In this thread, I have nothing else to add. I hope to see cheers for Lummi soon.

Tritium is harmless so enjoy in good health

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    I was looking forward to my first purchase from Rob. Any time I see a jeer, I wait for the person being jeered to respond before making up my mind or coming to any decisions.

I've decided not to place an order.
    +1

I thought Paul went way out of his way to report the facts in an emotion-less and non-adversarial manner. I had the impression that he did not like having to do this. We all know that things happen in small custom operations, and this economy is not helping.

There are two aspects of a custom product's ongoing reputation, namely quality & service.

The jeer seems fair specifically because promises were made that were not delivered upon in a reasonable time frame, or as initially agreed. If people place orders they deserve to know how they might be treated before making their purchase.

I see this instance as exactly what the jeers section was designed for, and as feedback, to me personally, your responses did not convey adequate sensitivity and equanimity towards a legitimately aggrieved party.

Enlightened

I hope people remember that the UK is in fact at the moment suffering from wildcat strikes by Royal Mail that have been going on for a month - and the Communication Workers Union has just balloted for a national strike of the postal system. The existing postal backlog was causing long delays with international mail and this will get worse when the national strike hits possibly causing delays of 2 weeks or more.

This really hurts small operations like Lummi especially - as he is dependent on the mail for parts especially international shipments for batteries etc.

I hope people here can see that and understand that this may cause some more delays in the short term. It would be very sad if we drive Lummi away before rob has a chance to catch up with the back orders. I have had nothing but a pleasent positive experience with rob and always fast responses to emails. He is not a bad guy and is just going through a rough spot with his suppliers. I have always received everything I have ordered from Lummi and the products are top notch.

Lets give him a break and let him get back to sorting everything out

I don't understand why a business does not just wait until they have a product to sell before taking orders and peoples money.
    MY LIGHTS
    TI Mini 123/Quark TI limited tactical 123 x 2/Q5 Aspheric Mag SS Bezel

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by zipplet View Post
    I hope people remember that the UK is in fact at the moment suffering from wildcat strikes by Royal Mail that have been going on for a month - and the Communication Workers Union has just balloted for a national strike of the postal system. The existing postal backlog was causing long delays with international mail and this will get worse when the national strike hits possibly causing delays of 2 weeks or more.

This really hurts small operations like Lummi especially - as he is dependent on the mail for parts especially international shipments for batteries etc.

I hope people here can see that and understand that this may cause some more delays in the short term. It would be very sad if we drive Lummi away before rob has a chance to catch up with the back orders. I have had nothing but a pleasent positive experience with rob and always fast responses to emails. He is not a bad guy and is just going through a rough spot with his suppliers. I have always received everything I have ordered from Lummi and the products are top notch.

Lets give him a break and let him get back to sorting everything out
    +1 I hope everyone gets what they want and deserve quickly...

Enlightened

I think EngrPaul has every right to vent. I admire his patience
    pockets

Enlightened

After considering additional purchases from Lummi, I too will hold off any more purchases until I receive my orders made in Apr 09

Quote Originally Posted by zipplet View Post

There's no FedEx, UPS, or DHL in the UK?

I understand that shipping through them would be more expensive, especially if postal service got hit with a strike. But customers expect you to keep your word. An individual seller can ask a buyer to please be patient, due to a strike or unforseen personal issues. (Family member got into a car accident, wife just served me with divorce papers out of the blue, etc). But delivery in a timely manner is still expected, especially if you run a company; instead of being an individual seller posting a WTS topic to get some needed funds.
    "The World is insane, with tiny spots of sanity here & there.... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese

Excuse me for being off-topic, but if we are talking about the customer service...

I just learned about the existence of Lummi from this thread , I have seen Lummi's web page and the lights look very interesting for me. The only thing I am missing is the photo showing all flashlights available, one next to another. I understand that for the manufacturer it is quite obvious what is the size of Wee compared to Raw and so on (and so is for a lot of people in CPF, already having at last one), but for me - as a potential customer, it is not.

I have also visited the gallery - seeing some Orb (Wee Orb?) and another one (Ring Orb? What is a "Ring" - is it the name of the "family" - like "wee" or something else)?...

For me it would be much easier to order something If I could see all products available with clear information, that I can order this one or that it is a photo of a flashlight that exists in just one piece and is not for sale.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroz View Post
    I don't understand why a business does not just wait until they have a product to sell before taking orders and peoples money.
    I think is not acceptable to take orders and money from customers if you don't really have the possibility to carry them out.

I ordered a Wee NS five weeks ago (pity I didn't see this jeers before ordering). In his website, Rob states a delivering time around 10-15 days and also that the flashlights are "in stock". I've emailed him 15 days after placing my order asking for info. Answer: He's waiting for suppliers (where do I read this before? )... but assure me in a week or two he will be able to ship out my flashlight. Three weeks later I still have no news. That sounds me like Paul's story.

One more week and I'll ask for a refund.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Yavox View Post
    Excuse me for being off-topic, but if we are talking about the customer service...

I just learned about the existence of Lummi from this thread , I have seen Lummi's web page and the lights look very interesting for me. The only thing I am missing is the photo showing all flashlights available, one next to another. I understand that for the manufacturer it is quite obvious what is the size of Wee compared to Raw and so on (and so is for a lot of people in CPF, already having at last one), but for me - as a potential customer, it is not.

I have also visited the gallery - seeing some Orb (Wee Orb?) and another one (Ring Orb? What is a "Ring" - is it the name of the "family" - like "wee" or something else)?...

For me it would be much easier to order something If I could see all products available with clear information, that I can order this one or that it is a photo of a flashlight that exists in just one piece and is not for sale.
    "Small flashlight roundup"
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=231920
    "Perceived Brightness Index" (link)
    "List of Currently Available HighCRI, Neutral, & Warm LED Lights" (link)
    "*LIST* of LED flashlights WARM/NEUTRAL/~4000K" (link)

Very nice small flashlights roundup, thanks

If I could expect from every manufacturer to have this kind of their own flashlights roundup on their www pages, they would for sure take more of my money they are taking now.

Default [Resolved] Jeers (3) To Lummi

I've come back to see if things have gotten better, now that the economy has stabilitzed and the "Royal Mail" issue should be ancient history.

Unfortunately I'm seeing more jeers and the same situation repeating itself.

To some degree I feel "vindicated" that "who is right and who is wrong" has been proven by events that have taken place since I took the time to share my experience. However, I have no joy. I'd much rather find that things turned around for Rob and for the community.

I've had my Wee Ti around my neck and close to my heart for a couple years now. It's been a terrific light and I like to brag about it. However, I have not recommended anyone buy the light... I really wish I could!

I am marking this thread as [Resolved] because I probably should have done so after receiving the refund and the replacement trits. At least I can show a measure of good will to Rob and hopefully things work out for everyone.
    Last edited by EngrPaul; 05-01-2011 at 05:06 PM.

Super Moderator

Default Re: [Resolved] Jeers (3) To Lummi

Unfortunately, although this particular issue has been resolved, there are numerous members who are still owed $$$/ by Lummi. There are threads in the Lummi sub-forum on CPF that detail the serious extent of the problem.

This is as bad a case of a manufacturer failing to honor his debts and obligations to his customers as any we have seen. What makes it worse is that Lummi / Orb continues to trade elsewhere, selling items to new customers via other outlets, while completely ignoring his existing customers.

There are various uncomplimentary words that describe Lummi / Orb and what he is doing, but it will suffice just to move him into the Hall of Shame.
    Resistance is futile...

Enlightened

I tried to access the Lummi website yesterday and it is no longer there, just a message reading 'account suspended'.
    I have 4 of his lights and they are among the most treasured in my collection.
    I appreciate that his business practices were not of the best, and a number of people on the forum are still owed money,
    but it would be sad if there are no more products from a very talented maker of torches.

Yeah, he could be making them from his prison cell with all proceeds going to pay back those he defrauded.
    コイン矢の如し

Banned

I have never had a problem and he has always shipped fast to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CCStrider View Post
    I have never had a problem and he has always shipped fast to me.

Of course, birds of a feather............

~ C.G.