• CPFMarketPlace is now a read-only archive for reference. New registrations and creating new posts and threads have been disabled.
• The Manufacturer's and Dealer's Corners have been moved to the Commercial Corner on CandlePowerForums.com.
• Want To Sell (WTS) and other sales threads will now be listed at The CPF Mall
• Want To Buy (WTB) and Want To Trade (WTT) will be listed in a specific forum in the General MarketPlace on CandlePowerForums.com.
• Additional information regarding these changes can be found in the Administrative Announcements forum on CandlePowerForums.com.
How powerful an LED light can be crammed (functionally) into a Zippo lighter shell? That is a question I'm looking to have answered. Will you use a Ziplight cartridge, or freestyle it? What kind of battery will you use? That's at your discretion.
Never been a smoker, but after fireworks season I fell back in love with Zippo lighters and would love to have one for use as a flashlight. The form factor, the smooth edges, the carryability, the weight, the lid--all these things contribute to a great potential flashlight. I know LED mods have been done, but what is the brightest LED usable? I'd love to know, and I'd love to buy the mod from someone. Budget very much negotiable based on the parts that will be used.
I can supply a Ziplight and an entire functioning Zippo as well if that is preferable for testing. Thanks for your time.
If you're not familiar with Zippos or Ziplight inserts, here is someone's video with a very basic mod: Ziplight Insert