Olympia Products
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 119
  1. #61
    Flashaholic* csshih's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Illumination Supply
    Posts
    2,292

    Default Re: Jeers to danny4u

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaichu Dento View Post
    + 1, not to mention
    or a she, but that's less likely.

  2. #62
    Flashaholic fluke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    327

    Default Re: Jeers to danny4u

    I too have sent danny4u monies for an item, and like the other posters have had no contact as yet or any goods.

    Being in the UK the postal systems says 21 days before an item is classed as lost, even though I have no info to say when or if it was posted.

    I shall being making a paypal claim in due course.

    Good job I went C/C funded.
    Last edited by fluke; 11-20-2008 at 10:29 PM.
    Surefire 6PLED (Dereelight Q5 Drop-in) - Regalight WT1 - P3DCE (datiLED Q5 WG) - Streamlight Microstream - L0DCE - L1D Q5 - LiteFlux LF2 - Minimag Niteize 3 LED Drop In And Clickie Tailcap - Mag 4d

  3. #63
    Administrator Empath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,261

    Default Re: Jeers to danny4u

    Quote Originally Posted by goldensweeps View Post
    Ive been in a situation like this before on a DVD forum, i got my money back from paypal. cant a moderator find somethimng out? with the IP adress its possible to locate him.

    im wondering if he uses his real name. maybe paypal can give information about that?
    Goldensweeps, what the moderators can do may be more or may be less than you expect. It is of interest that your posts comes from the same Vodafone Spanish block of rare mobile IP numbers as danny4u's. It's also interesting that you've got some of the same concerns regarding you. It might be something to which you'd like to respond.

  4. #64
    Flashaholic* Kid9P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,845

    Default Re: Jeers to danny4u

    I love the Mods at CPF

    Well done Sir

  5. #65
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    37

    Default Re: Jeers to danny4u

    Quote Originally Posted by Empath View Post
    Goldensweeps, what the moderators can do may be more or may be less than you expect. It is of interest that your posts comes from the same Vodafone Spanish block of rare mobile IP numbers as danny4u's. It's also interesting that you've got some of the same concerns regarding you. It might be something to which you'd like to respond.
    Not a surprise. I received this PM from goldensweeps on November 14.

    "hello!
    you can take over my Surefire 3P but its USED, not new, in perfect state, i can assure you that, "

    I'm many things. An idiot is not one of them.

  6. #66
    Flashaholic kpd151's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    114

    Default Re: Jeers to danny4u

    Quote Originally Posted by Empath View Post
    Goldensweeps, what the moderators can do may be more or may be less than you expect. It is of interest that your posts comes from the same Vodafone Spanish block of rare mobile IP numbers as danny4u's. It's also interesting that you've got some of the same concerns regarding you. It might be something to which you'd like to respond.
    It appears that the perpetrator has returned to the scene of the crime. At first glance I thought it was probably for the purpose of checking out the damage he's done but after reading the the post in the link above it looks like this POS is still walking among us with nothing but malicious intent and a desire to victimize others. I, for one, have begun to take this a bit more personal. Not because of the fact that I lost $45, but because it has undermined the foundation of a place that was once our private utopia with little to no fear of encroachment by petty criminals. My fear is that once people like Danny4u/Goldensweeps sink their teeth in they will tend to invite others with similar intentions and they will spread like fleas on a crack house dog. I intend to be more cognizant and do more follow up before jumping into a deal. If we work diligently to reduce their ability to victimize they will eventually move along to more profitable waters.

  7. #67
    Flashaholic JrVargas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    127

    Default Re: Jeers to danny4u

    Well I won the dispute and claim with paypal against danny4u....but as one of the CPF Members wrote in this thread they did nothing really. So I got nothing, zip, nada ! Good thing I paid C/C palpal...I have started the process also with my C/C company, hopefully they will help in getting my $$ back.....

  8. #68
    Flashaholic* brighterisbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tornado Alley, USA
    Posts
    1,462

    Default Re: Jeers to danny4u

    Quote Originally Posted by kpd151 View Post
    It appears that the perpetrator has returned to the scene of the crime. At first glance I thought it was probably for the purpose of checking out the damage he's done but after reading the the post in the link above it looks like this POS is still walking among us with nothing but malicious intent and a desire to victimize others. I, for one, have begun to take this a bit more personal. Not because of the fact that I lost $45, but because it has undermined the foundation of a place that was once our private utopia with little to no fear of encroachment by petty criminals. My fear is that once people like Danny4u/Goldensweeps sink their teeth in they will tend to invite others with similar intentions and they will spread like fleas on a crack house dog. I intend to be more cognizant and do more follow up before jumping into a deal. If we work diligently to reduce their ability to victimize they will eventually move along to more profitable waters.
    Well said, I second that. Caveat emptor.

  9. #69
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,067

    Default Re: Jeers to danny4u

    probably not unless your bank account was empty and your bank refused an overdraft. finally then if you registered a credit card ... then CC will be charged.

    otherwise you would have to specifically click on a tiny link, then verify twice over warnings of how horrible using CC is... then CC would be allowed to be used after first draining to zero your current Paypal balance.

    paypal makes it quite hard to use CC as a source of funding for paypal. reason of course is anything paid with CC funded PP is subject to same terms of holder's credit card. which totally favors buyer. unlike paypal which totally favors seller.

    again.... all this would have been avoid if buyer had simply looked at number of PP transactions, date registered ... the same for CPF, number of posts and date registered.

    YES... someone with a track record, while not foolproof... reduces the odds of someone ripping you off.

    Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    I don't think there was any money in paypal account when I sent payment, which means it would get charged to credit card, correct?

    Thus, if paypal is unable to retrieve funds from danny, I should be able to contact credit card company as a second line of defense, correct?

    If this is the case, I should be reimbursed/not charged/however you want to say it anyways.......correct?

  10. #70
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,176

    Default Re: Jeers to danny4u

    So danny... ops! Goldensweeps! How come your IP is in Spain and you post on another forum from New York offering an airgun? Hmmm....

    Here
    http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?p=98773
    http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?p=98767


    Same location as Danny, odd don't you think? So have you improved in your casino skills? Cause Danny sucked last time I checked.

    AlexGT


    Quote Originally Posted by goldensweeps View Post
    Ive been in a situation like this before on a DVD forum, i got my money back from paypal. cant a moderator find somethimng out? with the IP adress its possible to locate him.

    im wondering if he uses his real name. maybe paypal can give information about that?
    Last edited by AlexGT; 11-23-2008 at 09:49 PM.

  11. #71
    Flashaholic fluke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    327

    Default Re: Jeers to danny4u

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexGT View Post
    So danny... ops! Goldensweeps! How come your IP is in Spain and you post on another forum from New York offering an airgun? Hmmm....

    Here
    http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?p=98773

    Same location as Danny, odd don't you think? So have you improved in your casino skills? Cause Danny sucked last time I checked.

    AlexGT
    Hmmm, are you sure the other poster is real on that forum, one of his posts on here seems to be the same with an unknown poster, I think he is trying to get the post count up and give the impression he has made sales, like this http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...d.php?t=185783. this is only my assumption, a mod could confirm if its from the same IP block.
    Surefire 6PLED (Dereelight Q5 Drop-in) - Regalight WT1 - P3DCE (datiLED Q5 WG) - Streamlight Microstream - L0DCE - L1D Q5 - LiteFlux LF2 - Minimag Niteize 3 LED Drop In And Clickie Tailcap - Mag 4d

  12. #72
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,176

    Default Re: Jeers to danny4u

    Oh! by the way, nice netherlands language you speak, So how much did you get from the guy?

    http://dvdforum.nl/forum/search.php?...r=goldensweeps
    Last edited by AlexGT; 11-23-2008 at 10:00 PM.

  13. #73
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,176

    Default Re: Jeers to danny4u

    And how about here in macforums

    http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/buy...uperdrive.html

    Very interesting that a lot of goldensweeps registered in very different forums on aproximate the same day, hmmmm....

    AlexGT

  14. #74
    Flashaholic yaesumofo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Eastern Pacific, LAX DM04 sw actual
    Posts
    400

    Default Re: Jeers to danny4u

    he seems to have done this before:
    http://usa.adflakes.com/index.php/vi...s+for+adoption


    YMF
    lots of lights.

  15. #75
    Retired Administrator. Norm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gippsland Australia
    Posts
    2,058

    Default Re: Jeers to danny4u

    Quote Originally Posted by yaesumofo View Post
    he seems to have done this before:
    http://usa.adflakes.com/index.php/vi...s+for+adoption


    YMF
    Excellent Find yaesu, doesn't look like much help for the people involved with this turkey though.

  16. #76
    Flashaholic* Niconical's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: Jeers to danny4u

    I was lucky to avoid a loss with goldensweeps. It would have only been the cost of a lamp, but it would have left a sour taste. Those who did lose money must be feeling the anger far more than just the loss of the cash.

    The only small consolation I see in all this is that if goldensweeps/danny4U/whatever else, are the same person or group of people, at least we know we as a community only got "hit" once, rather than it being a repeating problem. Of course that's no help for those who lost money, but at least we can treat it (hopefully) as a one-off, rather than something that is going to keep happening more and more. Still keep you eyes open and your spidey senses tuned though.

    I'll also take this opportunity to remind old members and to tell new ones, that we shouldn't let all this lessen our opinion of the MarketPlace. There are so many great people here, buying, selling, and often just giving. This dannysweeps or whoever it turns out to be was never a member of this community, just someone with a laptop, a Paypal account and no morals.

  17. #77
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: Jeers to danny4u

    Damn this really sucks when "insert swear word here" come and ruin it for all the honest folk.

    All I can say is, avoid any and all transactions with new members. Only buy from established people. Sucks to be the noob, but better to be safe than sorry.

    Also since scammers love to use stolen pictures, if you are iffy, have the seller post a pic of the item. Tell them to place a handwritten sign in the picture with the item(you tell them what to write on the paper). This way it is hard for them to sell using stolen pictures since they do not own the item).

  18. #78
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greece/Hellas/Crete
    Posts
    411

    Default Re: Jeers to danny4u

    Quote Originally Posted by IcantC View Post

    Also since scammers love to use stolen pictures, if you are iffy, have the seller post a pic of the item. Tell them to place a handwritten sign in the picture with the item(you tell them what to write on the paper). This way it is hard for them to sell using stolen pictures since they do not own the item).
    A photo of the item with username also is nice

  19. #79
    Flashaholic fluke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    327

    Default Re: Jeers to danny4u

    Quote Originally Posted by ergotelis View Post
    A photo of the item with username also is nice
    I know but how stupid of me, only time I don't check as well.

    Spoils it for the others that are genuine.

    I have escalated my problem to a claim and am awaiting a reply from Paypal I suspect I will win give others experiences, and also receive nada.
    Surefire 6PLED (Dereelight Q5 Drop-in) - Regalight WT1 - P3DCE (datiLED Q5 WG) - Streamlight Microstream - L0DCE - L1D Q5 - LiteFlux LF2 - Minimag Niteize 3 LED Drop In And Clickie Tailcap - Mag 4d

  20. #80
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,176

    Default Re: Jeers to danny4u

    Good luck I hope you get your money back

  21. #81
    **Hall of Shame member**
    Click Here for details


    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Southwest U.S.
    Posts
    507

    Default Re: Jeers to danny4u

    Quote Originally Posted by IcantC View Post
    Damn this really sucks when "insert swear word here" come and ruin it for all the honest folk.

    All I can say is, avoid any and all transactions with new members. Only buy from established people. Sucks to be the noob, but better to be safe than sorry.

    Also since scammers love to use stolen pictures, if you are iffy, have the seller post a pic of the item. Tell them to place a handwritten sign in the picture with the item(you tell them what to write on the paper). This way it is hard for them to sell using stolen pictures since they do not own the item).


    Also most of the scammers do not know the detail of the items nor do they possess the skill of the photoshop like a photographer does. they tended to have a hard time to describe the conditon and function of the item they are selling. All it takes is ask them couple of questions and most of the time they would have a hard time to come up with an answer or no answer at all. Just my two cents of course.
    Last edited by Hell Light; 11-24-2008 at 10:10 PM.

  22. #82
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: Jeers to danny4u

    Quote Originally Posted by Hell Light View Post
    Also most of the scammers do not know the detail of the items nor do they possess the skill of the photoshop like a photographer does. they tended to have a hard time to describe the conditon and function of the item they are selling. All it takes is ask them couple of questions and most of the time they would have a hard time to come up with an answer or no answer at all. Just my two cents of course.

    That is true, in the end being an educated consumer will save many from being scammed. If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.

    Also on the note where scammers cannot answer questions, many will say they are selling it for *insert person here*. That might be their old neighbhor or an uncle or whoever they make up. Lastly some may say it belonged to deceased *insert name here*. So sadly, some people will still fall for it.

    Also EVERYONE that was scammed please enter a complaint here
    http://www.ic3.gov/

    The more complaints, the more tracks he leaves behind, more witnesses and more people willing to file charges, etc etc will make the case easier to work. Not to mention the higher the $$$ gets, the better odds are of the case being picked up.

    Also keep in mind there are many internet crimes, little manpower/time to handle them among other cases. Either way file a complaint!

  23. #83
    Flashaholic* exodus125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    656

    Default Re: Jeers to danny4u

    DANNY4U SHAME ON YOU!

  24. #84
    Flashaholic* nbp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    581

    Default Re: Jeers to danny4u

    Well, as predicted, I won my case with paypal and got....

    DRUMROLL...............................





    So I have filed a dispute with my credit card company. Hopefully they will drop the charge.

    More than the $28 lost though, a person really feels violated in a situation like this. Like something more than just some cash was taken from you. I dunno, it's just an uncomfortable feeling.

    To CPFMP: I would like to thank everyone though for the support of the community as a few of us dealt with this mess. There have been many fine comments and suggestions posted here that would be wise for all of us to take a look at to prevent this sort of crime from becoming a problem here. If we are smart, and make this place inhospitable for scammers, they will no doubt move on.

    There have also been countless hours spent by members here investigating danny4u and his thugs, and a great deal of information has been brought to light. I have learned so much about how careful a person needs to be here on the interweb......(I also learned if I ever need to track someone down....I have a couple thousand buddies here who are eager to help )

    To Scammers: You guys suck....that's about it. Leave us alone. We just want to collect flashlights in peace.

    I hope people continue to post in this thread as this situation wraps up, and continue to offer suggestions and tips on how to be wary of crooks in a MP like this. Perhaps some mod could collect together some of the good tips here and build a sticky for the top of the CPFMP mainpage for everyone to see....any takers?

    Thanks again everyone. This is still a phenomenal place to hang out! Out of 3979 active members, I bet 3970 of them are honest and trustworthy and great to do business with. I look forward to doing just that.

    Ah...I feel better,

    Nick

  25. #85
    **Hall of Shame member**
    Click Here for details


    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Southwest U.S.
    Posts
    507

    Default Re: Jeers to danny4u

    Just keep on waiting and maybe one day he will feel bad and send you the money back when enough people file criminal complaint on him or her if the authority can locate this person at all !!
    Last edited by Hell Light; 11-25-2008 at 05:24 PM.

  26. #86
    Flashaholic* Kid9P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,845

    Default Re: Jeers to danny4u

    Quote Originally Posted by Hell Light View Post
    Just keep on waiting and maybe one day he will feel bad and send you the money back when enough people file criminal complaint on him or her if the authority can locate this person at all !!
    Hell Light,

    Maybe you can get some of your Government buddies
    to track him down

  27. #87
    Flashaholic* Cuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,538

    Default Re: Jeers to danny4u

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid9P View Post
    Hell Light,

    Maybe you can get some of your Government buddies
    to track him down
    Got rid of the shelf queens, all my lights are users now...

  28. #88
    Unenlightened
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Jeers to danny4u

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid9P View Post
    Hell Light,

    Maybe you can get some of your Government buddies
    to track him down


    What's done is done. Maybe he had a genuine reason which he couldn't post.

  29. #89
    Flashaholic* Jumpmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    "Cookie" -- it's the new "apple"!!!
    Posts
    3,201

    Default Re: Jeers to danny4u

    Quote Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post


    What's done is done. Maybe he had a genuine reason which he couldn't post.
    Right. I wonder how many people have read receipts showing he opened their PM's.

    If he had time to read them, knowing how concerned they must be about their transactions, you would think he could find a minute to reply...I mean, if he cared.

    JM-99

  30. #90
    Flashaholic kpd151's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    114

    Default Re: Jeers to danny4u

    Quote Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post


    What's done is done. Maybe he had a genuine reason which he couldn't post.
    akg7091,
    Tell me one possible "genuine reason" someone would have to purposely defraud others of their hard earned money. Assumed identities, multiple offers to sell, definitely from a different country based on IP address and the list goes on... I won't even waste the time trying to explain the evidence but it is all here in black and white. Frankly, I think it is a cowardly act and anyone who had any decency about themselves would not have engaged in this behavior. Furthermore, if a real man were to have made this kind of mistake he would admit the mistake and set out to correct it. He should remind himself that we will all stand and be judged in the end. If he can live with it, I can live without it.

    This place is made up of those that have and do "walk the walk" and talk the talk" and we are men and women of honor. Most of the people that you find here have sacrificed more for their country and fellow man than people like Danny4u/Goldensweeps will ever rightfully earn in his lifetime. He has no right to walk among people like us. You should also take note, sympathizers do not occupy a favorable position in our world either.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •