• CPFMarketPlace is now a read-only archive for reference. New registrations and creating new posts and threads have been disabled.
• The Manufacturer's and Dealer's Corners have been moved to the Commercial Corner on CandlePowerForums.com.
• Want To Sell (WTS) and other sales threads will now be listed at The CPF Mall
• Want To Buy (WTB) and Want To Trade (WTT) will be listed in a specific forum in the General MarketPlace on CandlePowerForums.com.
• Additional information regarding these changes can be found in the Administrative Announcements forum on CandlePowerForums.com.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Default Re: -> FS: Glow in the Dark O-Rings (aka Glo-Rings - All sizes in stock.)

I figured I would copy this post from EDCF for the benefits of CPFers.

Quote Originally Posted by DFiorentino
    Hey Rick (Sigman), I would have posted this the day I received your awesome glo-rings (plus extra ), but for obvious reasons I could not. Well, after 45 tedious minutes of watching TV, here is the result...

...128 6g glo-rings + 128 LED 'Data' showerhead light from DX =

...and a severely underexposed 'on' shot...

...and a normal exposure daylight shot after 30 seconds of being on...

I actually tried to get a better glowing shot in the dark, but kept either losing detail due to the extreme contrasting glow or losing realistic brightness due to underexposure.

Some may say I wasted money and they may be right. However, the fact remains that I love these these glo-rings.

Thanks Rick!

-DF
    Quote Originally Posted by DFiorentino
    Sigman, if you think I'm crazy now you'll just laugh at what I would like to do to this $15 now $58 flashlight. All I need to do is find someone willing to give me a BULK discount on "some" uncut SMJLED's. *ahem* Wayne, Cindy, Arc Mania, Lambda... *cough*

-DF

I'm still planning on getting some better pics, but I'm just too tired tonight.

-DF
    KineticParadox ...a personal web space with my CBA Battery Testing and my LED Bin Coding Charts.

Flashaholic

Default Re: -> FS: Glow in the Dark O-Rings (aka Glo-Rings - All sizes in stock.)

Nice DF!
    What size are the rings?

Edit: NM, 6g is the size. Great idea!
    I'm all about the bright lights! I'm currently looking to buy: Nothing!...but you all know how that goes..
    A lot of companies make good flashlights but CPF makes those flashlights great!

I used the 6G size, but the LEDs are so close together that the glo-rings overlap each other. Not a problem really, just more tedious to put them all on. I'm happy with the end result.

-DF

Edit: Just saw your edit.
    KineticParadox ...a personal web space with my CBA Battery Testing and my LED Bin Coding Charts.

Flashaholic

for :

6: 1" (25mm)
    6: 7/8"(22mm)
    6: 3/4" (19mm)
    6: 5/8" (16mm)
    6: 1/2" (12mm)
    6: 7/16" (11mm)
    6: 0g (8mm)
    2: 4g (5mm)
    2: 6g (4mm)
    2: 10g (2.5mm)

thanks

Enlightened

for:

6 x 25mm
    6 x 19mm
    6 x 11mm

Plus Int Delivery

Many thanks!

any idea as to which is the correct size to fit the lanyard ring groove of a surefire a2?

thanks in advance...
    only boring people get bored

$3.00

For 2 x 1" glo rings and 4 x 4g Glo rings plus international shipping

Sigman
    I just posted but had a brain explosion, can i change my order to 1 x 1", 1 x 7/8", 1 x 1/2" and 3 x 4g.

If not its no problem

Cheers

*The Arctic Moderator*
    Retired

VerbalK, eltel999, KeeperSD (BTW Keeper, no problem changing your order) received your orders today & will try to get these in the mail tomorrow (Friday). My wife had surgery today & I have to be with her for 24 hours - but we've got a post office at the airport that's open late. I'll post here to confirm shipping.

fod, sorry I don't have an A2 to try one on. You could "eyeball" it & order a couple different sizes to try?

As GreenLED stated:
    • The larger o-rings are quite stretchy; a 5/8" o-ring fits (tightly) on a D-size Maglite. I prefer using a smaller o-ring for tighter fit (eg. I have a 5/8" on my LS, and prefer the 7/16" or 0g for AA-sized lights), but YMMV. It's best if your light has a groove into which the glo-ring can sit, but that shouldn't stop you from putting them on any light.
    Last edited by Sigman; 06-01-2007 at 01:22 AM.
    -"Must control self"-

Thanks, I eyeballed one last night, but did not have calipers, just a scale...looks about 3/4"

I'll place an order for two complete sets (10x2=20) and two 5/8 and two 3/4, for a total of 24 pieces (24/6=$8), just now.

Thanks

edit:
    Last edited by fod; 06-01-2007 at 08:49 AM. Reason: payment sent

Unenlightened

I'll take:
    6 X 7/16" (11mm)
    6 X 0g (8mm)
    12 X 6g (4mm)

for $8. Thanks!
    Last edited by FulgensLux; 06-02-2007 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Paypal sent

I'll take:

16mm x6
    25mm x6
    22mm x6
    30mm x2
    19mm x2
    8mm
    5mm

$8 + $1 international shipping.

*The Arctic Moderator*
    Retired

All orders above post #41 have been shipped. BTW, depending on the size of the order, I typically "try" to include an extra "or so". Well the last set of orders that went out in haste (wife had surgery, things were pretty stressful for awhile and I was trying to meet commitments...). I forgot to include any "extras". If you order again I'll make up for it! Sorry!

FulgensLux & tinyblob - received your orders & will get them sent tomorrow.

-"Must control self"-

Flashaholic

3 x 10g (2.5mm)
    4 x 6g (4mm)
    4 x 0g (8mm)
    4 x 7/16" (11mm)
    4 x 5/8" (16mm)
    5 x 3/4" (19mm)
    1 x International shipping
    Total: US$9

Paypal sent!

No problem, I hope your wife is well. No need to stress on my account.

0g x6
    3/4 x4
    5/8 x2

Thanks!

PP sent for:

3 each of 1", 3/4", 5/8", 1/2",7/16", 8mm

$6

Enlightened

Will these o rings just glow up in the dark or do you have to put light on them to get them to glow?

Buttrock Re: -> FS: Glow in the Dark O-Rings (aka Glo-Rings - All sizes in stock.)

3 x 1"
    3 x 7/8"
    1 x 3/4"
    1 x 5/8"
    1 x1/2"
    1 x 7/16"
    1 x 0g
    1 x 4g

Total: $4.00

-sf2
    Last edited by starfiretoo; 06-04-2007 at 11:45 PM.

*The Arctic Moderator*
    Retired

Yota, they glow in the dark from the natural light that exists around us. A bright light or UV will "charge" them even more. (You may want to take a look at some of the links in post #1. They don't generate light like the tritium tubes.

tinyblob - waiting to hear from you about the --> mysterious/not listed in post #1 <-- 30mm rings you ordered, eh?

starfiretoo - your's will ship today.

Last edited by Sigman; 06-05-2007 at 06:13 AM.
    -"Must control self"-

Ack. I knew i shouldn't have deleted that text document with all the sizes of my lights! Now i'm not sure what the best replacements would be for my fictional glowrings (which were for the nice gap behind the bezel of my huntlight by the way).

PM'd you with a couple of play-it-safe alternatives. Looking forward to receiving them!

*The Arctic Moderator*
    Retired

All orders have been shipped!

-"Must control self"-

Enlightened

4 of 1"
    2 of 7/8"
    2 of 3/4"
    2 of 5/8"
    1 of 1/2"
    1 of 4g

*The Arctic Moderator*
    Retired

Yota -

They're on the counter & will go out in Thursday's mail.

-"Must control self"-

HeyThere,

Got them in, I am impressed with the quick service...Thanks!

Regarding the fit on the SF A2, it looks like (3) 1/2" ones work in the lanyard ring groove...basically it needs smaller ones to stretch out and fill the groove, the larger ones just look a little sloppy and loose. (3) 7/16" would probably work just as well, I had to use two 1/2 and one 7/16.

2 x 1" (25mm)
    2 x 3/4" (19mm)
    3 x 5/8" (16mm)
    3 x 7/16" (11mm)
    2 x 0g (8mm)
    L2T/123|Civictor (polished)|Luxogen LR12|P1D-CE/kooter/McR17XR (polished)|L0P-SE|D-Mini|Boxer 24W HID|L1D-CE/P2D|L0D-CE|Quard USW0I 1C|LM631|A-mag 1C@1.2A flupic|MRV|Thor X Colossus|P2DQ5|KDAAASSC|UFC2Q5

Enlightened

Thanks!

Hi Sigman,

For 6 19mm Glowrings.

*The Arctic Moderator*
    Retired

Default Re: -> Glow in the Dark O-Rings (aka Glo-Rings - All sizes in stock.)

Uriah,
    Last edited by Sigman; 06-09-2007 at 01:05 AM.
    -"Must control self"-

Thumbs up Re: -> FS: Glow in the Dark O-Rings (aka Glo-Rings - All sizes in stock.)

Got my O-rings today
    for the "extras"
    -SF2

Quote Originally Posted by Sigman View Post

starfiretoo - your's will ship today.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast