• CPFMarketPlace is now a read-only archive for reference. New registrations and creating new posts and threads have been disabled.
• The Manufacturer's and Dealer's Corners have been moved to the Commercial Corner on CandlePowerForums.com.
• Want To Sell (WTS) and other sales threads will now be listed at The CPF Mall
• Want To Buy (WTB) and Want To Trade (WTT) will be listed in a specific forum in the General MarketPlace on CandlePowerForums.com.
• Additional information regarding these changes can be found in the Administrative Announcements forum on CandlePowerForums.com.
Looking to buy a 75W BarnBurner HID or 50W Xeray. 50W Xeray has to be 2nd generation not 1st generation. If the 50W Xeray is a 2nd generation upgraded to BarnBurner then thats fine. I am just interested in the switching mechanism used in the 2nd genration as opposed to rocker style on the 1st genration.
Last edited by NAW; 06-06-2007 at 09:53 PM.
Dan decided a while back not to sell the 75 w model to the general public. I got mine from another CPF member. Check the B/S/T Forum as one periodically comes up for sale. Mine is a daily user, and is a very practical light, unlike many of the "wow" items that run for 6 minutes then need to be recharged.
With time, something brighter and practical will be developed. New battery chemistry and better ballasts make this highly likely.
Patience is tough, but it really avoids buying into the "light of the month" club.
Speaking of which, do they not make the 75W anymore?
They only offered a one time Group Buy on the Barn Burner 75W ballast spotlight using the Philips DL-50 FatBoy bulb. Then there was an opportunity for those who bought the preceding 50W group buy a chance to upgrade to the 75W parts...but the available numbers of these are extrememly limited.
Based on how well they perform, it is a prized light to hold onto. I'm not sure that there will be a better performing bulb & ballast combo to come along. Dan from XeRay is in a better position to know more about what the future holds.
Your offer is really tempting, but I ONLY have one and it took me months of waiting to get it from another CPF´r. It´s a delight and don´t want to let go. I´m sure if you´re patient you´ll end up with one. Be sure to check custom BST often. I´ll also keep you in mind and alert you if I can. Good luck!!