The Fenix-Store
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Closed: Custom paracord lanyards, tethers, fobs, etc.

Closed for new orders.

All lanyards/fobs offered here are made with 7 strand 550 paracord and can be adorned by beads or decorative knots of your choice. Please see below for styles, paracord colors, custom orders, payment, and other information.

1. Endless Turk Heads:

I've decided to offer these unique "endless turk head" lanyards/fobs after a couple of people asked about them. I tie these knots so there are no ends visible (thus the name). You can easily attach them to lights, knives, etc. with a split ring, a Lark's Head Knot, or I can add a small swivel clip. The default loop length is 4", but you tell me which color (up to 2 colors), how long you want the loop to be, and whether you prefer a bead or a decorative knot, and your choice of clip, and I'll do my best to match those requirements:

2. Sinnets:

These are the more "typical" lanyards/key fobs people use. I can make round and square sinnets, in 1-4 color combinations. Simply let me know which colors you'd like, how long you'd like the loop and the knot to be, and whether you want a clip and/or decorative bead.

The pics show from left to right: examples of round and square sinnets, a unique design tri-color round skull sinnet, mini-skull sinnets (made to fit the Arc LS TSP or CR2 tailpacks).

These are some sinnets I'm making with my GID "cheerios" (GID beads):

3. Zipper pulls:

I can make a variety of different styles. Here are a couple of examples of small sinnets used as zipper pulls; standard length is under 1", but like the picture shows, I can size them to your needs.

Here's a different approach to zipper pulls; what I'm calling "turtles" (the black and orange) and "cherries" (picture the green zipper pulls made in red...). I think the ideal length for these zipper pulls is somewhere between 2.5-3". They look really nice with an optional small bead on top of the knot.

4. Cobra and King Cobra stitches:

I can make these in 1 or 2 color combinations. To complete your order I'll need to know if you want a "regular cobra stitch" or a larger "King Cobra" one (King Cobras are wider), length, which colors, your option of decorative knot at one end (or no knot at all) and your clip option (small or large swivel, McGgizmo). The following picturex shows a sampling of some king cobras (left), and a custom cobra keychain (right) I made for a customer:

5. Leashes:

These are cobra stitch-based leashes, which I can braid to any desired length. The standard length is 18", but I can braid them to any length.

6a. Neck & wrist lanyards:

These are adjustable-length neck & wrist lanyards suitable for attaching and carrying lights, keys, ID tags, etc. The decorative knot may be a round sinnet or a short cobra stitch in the colors of your choice. Neck lanyards are approximately 2 feet long, wrist lanyards are half that length, but I can adjust them easily to your needs. Lengths are also adjustable through cord-locks and/or the round sinnet knot. I also offer the option of glow in the dark cord ends or a terminal decorative knot.

These are other designs I've been working on. The decorative bead (wood or plastic) acts as a cord lock. I can make these to any desired length.

7. "GT" coil 550 paracord tethers:

These are perfect for attaching any time of gear onto your belt, pack, fixed location, etc. They stretch up to about 4 feet and spring right back to a few inches long. I normally make them with clips on their ends, but I also offer a looped version, shown below on a McGizmo PD-S light. I have colored heat-shrink tubing to match the paracord I use for these tethers; see the "hardware" section below.

8. Braided hunting/fishing lanyards:

This style is popular among hunters and fishermen. I can make these in 2 or 4 color combinations. In this particular neck lanyard, I incorporated my GID cheerios for some extra "flare":

Here is a sample pic of braided wrist lanyards (left), and a fishing attachment (right):

9. Custom orders:

Please PM or e-mail me if there's a particular lanyard or knot you don't see offered here.

Decorative knot options
    Here are some different decorative knots I can tie on your lanyards:

Hardware options
    I have heat shrink tubing in several colors to match the ends of the coil tethers:

Ordering and payments:

Paracord colors available:

I currently have I have black, grey, OD green, chocolate brown, tan, yellow (dull, not hi-vis), and paprika (dark orange), hi-vis orange, kelly green, royal blue, "toxic" green (hi-viz, neon green), ACU digital, desert camo, burgundy.

Current price list:

Current prices include postage via First Class USPS mail within the US and I offer discounts if you order multiple items. McGizmo clips and additional premium premium hardware may be extra. International orders are welcome, and buyer pays the difference between international air mail and US First Class postage (usually $1-3, depending on the size of the package).

• 1. Endless Turk's Head: $8.50
    • 2a. Sinnets: $8 for regular square or round sinnets
    • 2b. Tri-color skull sinnets:$10 for large, $8 for small
    • 2c. GID sinnets:$10 for large, $8 for small
    • 3. Zipper pulls: $5/regular sinnet, $6/skull sinnet, $5 for a pair of turtles or cherries
    • 4. Cobra stitches: $10 for a 4.5" King Cobra, $8 for smaller ones
    • 5. Leashes: $10 for 18" long braids, price negotiable for longer ones
    • 6. Neck/wrist lanyards: $8 for neck, $7 for wrist
    • 7. GT coil 550 paracord tethers: $19 each (with McGizmo clips), $14 with regular clips
    • 8a. Braided lanyards: $15 for neck and $10 for wrist
    • 8b. Braided hunting/fishing: $20 for neck lanyard

I take cash PayPal payments to after your lanyards are done and ready for mailing (I'll PM you to let you know).
    Before sending CC-based payments, please PM.

Other custom offerings:
    Glow in the dark (GID) modifications for your EDC gear.

Ask me about my GID beads to go with your lanyards.

Thank you for your interest!
    Last edited by greenLED; 11-04-2009 at 07:19 AM.

Default Re: FS: endless turk heads lanyard/fobs & more

Picture gallery:

I thought it'd be a good idea to have a single place to post some custom designs I've worked on, other than the ones I've already posted in the OP. I'll keep adding to this post:

* Some Christmas-themed lanyards for a couple of friends:

* Bombelman's favorite skull lanyards for the Arc LS (pic by him):

...and some more examples of lanyards for the ArcLS (my pic):

* Cac313's custom keychain (his pics):

* These pics were taken by Ducaticorse. I made that lanyard as a special request to help him keep his gear organized inside his messenger bag:

* A knife wrap and a couple of finger loops (inspired by Stormdrane's work):

Last edited by greenLED; 01-10-2008 at 11:58 AM.

with price adjustment

4-color round sinnet - $7
    Last edited by AndyTiedye; 12-26-2006 at 12:37 PM.

Flashaholic

Free Bump....Let em know when you make more of the black lanyards/fobs with the Matthew Walker knots. I am interested!!

Thanks for your interest, hotbossa. I'm out of black and reflective paracord, but will let you know.

These (the endless turk head lanyards) are downright beautiful, Greenie! I could use one with at least 5 1/2 inch loop... PM incoming.
    --Scott

Master Milky, your lanyards will go in the mail by the end of the day today, or first thing tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by greenLED
    Master Milky, your lanyards will go in the mail by the end of the day today, or first thing tomorrow morning.

Yippee! Can't wait! I'm very excited.
    --Scott

Flashaholic

Do you have any black lanyards/fobs with the Matthew Walker knots made yet? Free Bump!!

I'm still waiting for the reflective paracord...

Flashaholic

any black ones?

Flashaholic

How much for the instructions on how to make those? Haha? I'm not trying to steal your thunder or your clients but it would sure be nice to put my G/F on something usefull to me. She's pretty crafty and likes to do things like that.
    Last edited by Weskix; 01-23-2007 at 07:49 PM. Reason: sure spelled wrong, looked dumb

Guys, just wanted to offer some props on this stuff. GreenLED sent me a couple of his famous lanyards a few weeks ago, and they are GREAT! True works of art. I don't know how he does it, but the workmanship is superb. Two thumbs up!!

--Scott

Live: Paramaribo, Suriname, South America / Study: Rotterdam, The Netherlands

pm sent

Flashaholic

any more turk heads? looking for 4, grey and/or black.

GL,

PM sent!

jeffb

Got a couple of #8's?
    Hobbyist LED information Website
    U2 work light
    Shaky Emergency Light
    The Mags
    engineer in the making

Thank you for your interest, gentlemen. I have an order coming and I'll be happy to help you with your orders. Thank you for your patience; I'll PM you once I receive the paracord.

Are these the same as monkey fists?

Monkey fists and Turk's heads are two different knots.

I have paracord in stock again. I have a longish waiting list of orders, but I'll do my best to catch up soon with everybody. I appreciate your patience.

Flashaholic

two turk heads... one black and one grey... 7" please.

Got my grey turks, it's beautiful and tight, superb work.
    Hobbyist LED information Website
    U2 work light
    Shaky Emergency Light
    The Mags
    engineer in the making

Unenlightened

Great looking lanyards! I am interested in the lanyard in the second set of pictures, 3rd from the left, black & white, kind of rectangular. I just ordered a Raw XR-E and I am looking for a small lanyard so that I can carry the light in my front pants pocket (without my keys) and not lose it. Yet, I don't want anything too big because I will have it in the front pocket of dress pants during the week. Do you have the very small split rings and jewel clips available so that I can attach and detach it easily? Do you think that the setup I am describing will work for what I want? If you can do what I want please let me know the price. Thanks. A suggestion: you might want to put numbers under the lanyards in the pictures so that people who want to buy them can refer to them by the number.
    John 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

I can definitely help you with such a lanyard, Ned-L. The lanyard you describe is a square sinnet, tied with black paracord with reflective trim, and a crown knot on top. You tell me how long you want the lanyard, and I'll do my best to size it appropriately. I have a "pico" clip from Berkeley Point, or I can use the "micro" size as well.

PM sent.

Flashaholic*

Greenled,
    I kind of like the looks of this particular lanyard.
    http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?i...anyard1to2.jpg

The one in black/grey. Can you tell me a little about it? It's kind of rolled up in the pic so i can't really see how long it is.

I'm looking for a lanyard for my ML1, D-mini, and 2D/3D mag mods.

The ML1/D-mini will probably mainly go around the wrist kind of lanyards but possibly around the neck would be nice too depending on how long they have to be. If the lanyards have to be too long in order to safely go around the neck, then wrist it is.

As for the 2D/3D mags. I will probably be using a leefring on the tailcap end to attach the lanyard.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
    [size=1]- EL Pentalux - Inova T2 - ROP 3D - SF E2e - Fenix P1 - Fenix L2T - Fenix LOD CE - ML1 - D-mini - Malkoff Devices 2D

Thank you for your interest, Alin.

The lanyards on that pic are sized for neck carry (I forget the exact size), but I can make those to any length (I've sized them for wrist carry as well). As you can see from the pic, I offer the option of a simple clip, or a more robust McGizmo clip at the end. Lights with no clip attachment point require some creativity, but the lanyard can be secured onto the light with little difficulty.

The round sinnet is braided to add some detail, but they can also be used to resize the lanyard's lower loop as well. Lastly, I have use a GID or break-away cord-ends, but I can also tie a decorative end knot or sinnet if you prefer.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by greenLED
    Thank you for your interest, Alin.

The lanyards on that pic are sized for neck carry (I forget the exact size), but I can make those to any length (I've sized them for wrist carry as well). As you can see from the pic, I offer the option of a simple clip, or a more robust McGizmo clip at the end. Lights with no clip attachment point require some creativity, but the lanyard can be secured onto the light with little difficulty.

The round sinnet is braided to add some detail, but they can also be used to resize the lanyard's lower loop as well. Lastly, I have use a GID or break-away cord-ends, but I can also tie a decorative end knot or sinnet if you prefer.
    Regarding those lanyards that are sized for neck carry, can that adjustable slider be slid so that the loop is sized down for wrist carry? Sorry... i'm brand new to lanyards. By the way... mcgizmo makes a clip? dang... lol. Do you have a pic? I tried to search theledguy.com website where he sells a lot of his stuff but i didn't see one. The two smaller lights i mentioned have a lanyard attachment point (D-mini and ML1). Whereas i will be using the leefring for mt 2 D sized mags.

Will the lanyard look weird if i use the necksized one for wrist carry?

Pardon my newbieness to lanyards but can you elaborate on the terms you've been using in your last paragraph? I'm brand new to lanyards. GID? breakaway cord ends? etc....

Thanks!!
    [size=1]- EL Pentalux - Inova T2 - ROP 3D - SF E2e - Fenix P1 - Fenix L2T - Fenix LOD CE - ML1 - D-mini - Malkoff Devices 2D

Quote Originally Posted by Alin10123
    Regarding those lanyards that are sized for neck carry, can that adjustable slider be slid so that the loop is sized down for wrist carry? Sorry... i'm brand new to lanyards. By the way... mcgizmo makes a clip? dang... lol. Do you have a pic? I tried to search theledguy.com website where he sells a lot of his stuff but i didn't see one. The two smaller lights i mentioned have a lanyard attachment point (D-mini and ML1). Whereas i will be using the leefring for mt 2 D sized mags.

Will the lanyard look weird if i use the necksized one for wrist carry?

Pardon my newbieness to lanyards but can you elaborate on the terms you've been using in your last paragraph? I'm brand new to lanyards. GID? breakaway cord ends? etc....

Thanks!!
    Here's a pic of the McGizmo clips (the original pic is not mine; it was posted on the forums a while back):

I have the 20mm version (aka "nano") available; that's the second from left to right on the picture, not the highlighted one. I think I have a "micro" (25mm, the highlighted one) clip left, but I'm not 100% sure. I've never seen a Leefring first-hand, so I don't know if the "nano" would clip directly to it or if you'd need a split ring in between them (which might be the case for your other lights as well).

Neck lanyards are about 2 feet long, wrist lanyards are half of that, but I can make them to any length you'd like. You can size a neck lanyard for wrist carry, but you will have a long paracord loop left unused. I usually wrap neck lanyards around my wrist a couple of times to take care of the extra paracord. I've been doing this for years, and I don't think it looks weird; doing it this way lets you have a neck lanyard and use it as a wrist lanyard whenever you want/need - you can't have it the other way around. It's also a more secure way of keeping a light in your hand, IMO.

Here's a pic that hopefully will show the difference in length between neck and wrist lengths:

The one with the red/green/white bead is sized for wrist, and the other one for neck carry (and has a breakaway cord end).

I'm sorry for the jargon. By "GID" I meant "glow in the dark" - these cord ends glow in the dark for quite a few hours (I'd say 6-8, but I haven't checked exact duration) but you need to e"xpose them to light beforehand. The "breakaway cord ends" keep the ends of the lanyard together, but will come apart if you pull on them hard enough - handy to prevent accidental neck injuries. You can adjust how much force/weight it takes for them to break apart. A "sinnet" is the braided paracord; the picture above shows a couple of them (the 2 in the middle of the pic) in green and red.
    Last edited by greenLED; 04-01-2007 at 09:42 AM.